Exhaust recomrndations for a new Nismo

Bikeracer

Just collected my 2018 370z Nismo last Tuesday.

would like a little bit more noise but nothing too intrusive as it’s a daily driver.

Recently drove a 2015 Nismo which was for sake and had a different car back Exhaust fitted along with headers, de cat pipes and AAM rear pipes. Sounded great but was far too noisy and created resonance inside the car whilst driving.

Thinking of possibly AAM rear pipes or possible a decat pipe with the original system.

Spoke to Horsham developments this morning who suggested a Cobra Y piece back section.

They informed me that with a decat pipe I would also need a remap plus would give potential issues come MOT time. They also said it would sound raspy, however I did enjoy the raspy sound of my E46 M3.

What do you guys suggest?

Which option would sound best without being too noisy etc?

Thanks

Afternoon Bikeracer, 

Like you this was the first change I considered.  I opted for the Motordyne Shockwave cat back exhaust and could not be happier with the sound and quality.  It is superb quality, so good I was taking pictures of it on the floor before it went on.  The sound is just what I was hoping for, a lovely roar when starting up, followed by a not too loud throaty rumble up to about 3k revs when the tone starts to change from rumble to race car like bellow.  There is no cabin boom, fitting was straightforward and the car sounds like it was meant to, certainly a lot more in keeping with the looks.  Fuel consumption suffers, but only as I can't stop myself from changing down and driving along in a gear lower than before the exhaust was fitted!

Good look with the search, enjoy the car and remember, loud pipes save lives!

• Like 1

After a number of discussions thinking of possibly a decat pipe or a high flow cats to compliment the std Nismo Exhaust along without a ECUTEK remap instead of AAM rear pipes.

Anyone done this on a Nismo?

Thoughs on a decat pipe vs High flow cats?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...