Ceramic Coating Headers

Stutopia

First off, this is for my BRZ not a Z. Sorry Zedders.

I’ve picked up some unequal length headers to give me a bit more noise and a bit more of a Subaru burble - they’re not the massive job on the BRZ that they are on the Z. They are wrapped for now, but I’m not that keen on keeping them that way as I don’t want moisture, particularly salty winter and coastal moisture, sitting in the wrap. As an alternative I was thinking of getting them ceramic coated but I don’t know much about it.

Anyone got things ceramic coated?

Was it worth it?

Can you recommend somewhere (ideally NW, but anywhere will do)?

Are there any drawbacks to ceramic coatings?

Thanks gang.

I've had ceramic coatings done on exhaust parts before, but that was on turbo applications where you're dealing with much higher temps. Was it worth it? No idea, never took pre/post temps to find out, but it looked pretty :lol: No real drawbacks that I'm aware of, but obviously you need a total coating to prevent anything getting underneath it and also reasonably thick so it does the job,

On relatively low power NA (i.e. anything short of pure race engines) I wouldn't bother if I'm honest, unless it's for the looks.

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

I've had ceramic coatings done on exhaust parts before, but that was on turbo applications where you're dealing with much higher temps. Was it worth it? No idea, never took pre/post temps to find out, but it looked pretty :lol: No real drawbacks that I'm aware of, but obviously you need a total coating to prevent anything getting underneath it and also reasonably thick so it does the job,

On relatively low power NA (i.e. anything short of pure race engines) I wouldn't bother if I'm honest, unless it's for the looks.

That’s interesting, I’d not considered just leaving them bare :lol:

As you’ve also got a scoobie, I’m guessing it’s a PITA to do the plugs on that, just like the BRZ? If so, you reckon they’re any easier to do with the headers off, so worth doing at the same time?