Suspension Queries

sgtarg

You would be well advised to find out exactly what you are getting here, as there is very little info in the advert.

Usually you get what you pay for and these are definately on the cheap side.

The advert states that the brand is KW which they are certainly not, unless I am missing something.

Also it does not state if they are true coilovers or not.

Might be worth a punt, however that will depend on your expectations.

4 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

You would be well advised to find out exactly what you are getting here, as there is very little info in the advert.

Usually you get what you pay for and these are definately on the cheap side.

The advert states that the brand is KW which they are certainly not, unless I am missing something.

Also it does not state if they are true coilovers or not.

Might be worth a punt, however that will depend on your expectations.

Thanks Alex! For that price expectations would be fairly low, just to get the car sat where I wanted and the ride height and stance. Wouldn't be looking for major adjustability or track times, but would a set of Tein S-Tech Springs 17mm front / 15mm rear work better for similar but less money? 

At least with the Tein, you know exactly what you are getting and with it being a moderate drop your geo will still be within factory specifications without the need for expensive adjustable front camber arms and adjustable rear camber and toe arms. 

• Thanks 1

Good shout, glad I asked! I would of had no idea they were not KW  genuine.... I will put some money away for next year and look at the Tein Coilovers and like you say adjustable front and rear camber and toe arms. You never know it could be a bargain for coilovers but it could be a risk and at the moment I don't have the time / funds to deal with correcting my geo.

Much appreciated advice! 

Waaaaay too cheap. They’ll either wear out in a year, or you’ll wish they would as the damping will be so bad you’ll kill the ride quality.

Youll still need a geo after you’ve replaced any part of the suspension, or annually at the very least.

Yeah good idea. I will look at Geo from local MOT centre, his son has a 350Z so should be a safe enough bet. 

Once springs are changed will get it booked in. I've ordered the Tein set. Erm if I change my wheels to same diameter but wider track eg. 8 to 9.5 at rear will I need geo again?

Thanks guys