Central heating finally gave up!! Frickin freezin!!

stanski

My Baxi boiler finally gave up completely last night - no hot water or heating - so now I am freezing my wingnuts off!

Just nipped out to gas shop place to get someone to pop over today- oh heaven in the Zed - heated seats, heater warms up so quickly - I should work in the Zed with my laptop! ;)

Daft thing its actually warmer outside than in - the sun is even shining!

Seems I was the only muppet with their roof down on way home last night it was a bit chilly to say the least - but they make us tough in yon Bury! :teeth:

Day 2 (He says in a North East accent) and heating still not working - they have to replace a seized motorised valve, which they did'nt know yesterday - sometime today!! :angry:

Slept in my skiing thermals last night - this is not good, damn heating system is just 3 years old - Baxi - you are pants!! :dry:

Went out for a Kebab last night in the Zed (no not eaten in the Zed) just to warm up - heating on full - seats on - luurvely!

My mums house is 8 years old and in that 8 years shes had soooo many problems. I mean at least once a quarter the repair dude is out!

Our old house was 30 years old, original boiler and one thermostat!

:wheelchair: They don't make them like they used to! :wheelchair:

tell me about it!! My old house was 1937 semi - granted the boiler was a French chaffoteaux combi - the devils spawn no less - new water activation swicth every year - in fact after 13 years I could write a manual on how to fix it myself!! :lol:

Baxi 3 years old - new pump already, new thermostat yesterday now a new valve hopefully today!!! - If I stay in this house forever its gonna get a Worcester Bosch fitted regardless of cost! :thumbs:

Feel for you mate. Motorised Valve on mine had a loose connection last week and I had no hot water... lucky my shower is electric

Thanks - tempted to go to B&Q (The Devil himself in DIY retail form) buy one and fit it myself!! You just know when this is replaced there is something thats not right ? For heavens sake its warmer outside in the sunshine. Hmm is this a good time to try out how far my wireless will work?? :wacko:

So while I was flicking channels last yet - looking for that 1 Top Gear episode they hav'nt repeated 90 times this week I found Bionic Woman the new version...

Absolute tripe but worth a look purely for eye candy reasons - That chick can fix my central heating anytime she wants!!

:throb:

Oh and the blonde chickie who is also supposed to be erm bionic as far as I understand , (that would imply a plot, storylines etc) is pretty damn good also !! Yowsa yowsa!! ;)

http://www.itv.com/Drama/contemporary/B ... fault.html

So now you have to check for yourselves dont you gentlemen? :teeth:

Oh just noticed past my 350 posts!! Yippee - please sir may I have my sticker please...

Back on subject - guess what the valve has been replaced and the Fan is also buggered!!! (Technical term)

So they are off to see if they can get one of those now! I think a letter of complaint to Baxi will be following soon afterwards - build quality like Audi - they look pretty outside but underneath its all cheapo Hungarian materials! :dry:

I can add to the boiler woes. It's my own fault, i've spent more time test driving a car when I buy it than I did buying a bloody house. boiler is crap here, sounds like a jumbo jet, fires up only when it feels like it, stinks of oil, oh and the pipework is done in such a way that if you only want hot water in summer but no heating forget it as the water is pumped round the upstairs radiators regardless so it's boiling upstairs and cold down. We are having a new worcester bosch fitted for 3k all in. Bang go my granite worktops and I daren't even mention new wheels for the Z......

Guest prescience
I can add to the boiler woes. It's my own fault, i've spent more time test driving a car when I buy it than I did buying a bloody house. boiler is crap here, sounds like a jumbo jet, fires up only when it feels like it, stinks of oil, oh and the pipework is done in such a way that if you only want hot water in summer but no heating forget it as the water is pumped round the upstairs radiators regardless so it's boiling upstairs and cold down. We are having a new worcester bosch fitted for 3k all in. Bang go my granite worktops and I daren't even mention new wheels for the Z......

Don't go 6k+ granite worktops, a friend has just been burnt, they're way too heavy and unless you have 'special' floor cupboards, the weight will be too much and it will buckle and then try opening the drawers :surrender:

Never go Moben either :dry:

I did make a comment about the CH and HW systems - for us, there was a valve incorrectly set. For sure, if you have an oil smell, that can be sorted easily, we had the same issue. Gas is better but no option up here :dry:

we don't have gas either, used to have LPG in tank cost a fortune! The boiler has had various repairs already is totally crap. I can't wait to get a new one I am so sick of living with concorde in the corner! As for the granite, had it in the old house so I know the score but looks like I'll be having el-cheapo this time around!

Nixy - that sounds like your divertor valve is not working correctly - my mum has the same problem.

You will have to turn the upstairs rads off in summer unfortunately until you get your new boiler - let us know how you get on - as I said Worcester-Bosch - worth the extra money!

On another note if you must have granite worktops - go for the ones that are the thin (veneer if you will) type - where they fit on top of your existing worktops - its granite but thinner so its bound to be lighter?

Finally got my boiler to work - £340 lighter! So now I have to work this weekend to get my money back - first weekend I wanted off work!! :angry:

There's not much left to replace now I could have got a new boiler for this money?

End result:

Thermostat replaced

Divertor value seized - replaced

Fan seized - replaced

Pilot activator switch - replaced

Boiler fires up like a Zed but still trips out if thermo switch set above 3/4 gut feel the water pump is on its way out (which was replaced the day we moved in - sounds a bit grumbly - but I can get and fit those myself)

So need to get bleeding the system tonight still has air in it somewhere - which is fun! :dry:

Baxi Solo 3 - just say no :yuck: