DVD player work-around?

IanS16

Hey guys,

My idea is to use a PC to copy my DVDs to region free or jap region DVDs using NTSC coding. Obviously not that technical a question but wanted to know if anyone had tried it?

Hope someone can answer this?!

Get my Z at the end of next week :yahoo: so i hope the anser is yes!

:welcome: to the forum.

DVD Shrink is the sort of thing I think you are looking for. Take a DVD, DVD shrink will read it and dump it out region free to your hard disk ready for burning with something like Nero. You can even shrink a normal retail 9GB DVD down to 4GB with virtually no loss of quality (certainly true on a small car screen) so save burning to expensive dual layer DVDs :thumbs:

Thanks for your responses guys, but what i need to know is if the Z's DVD player will read DVDs burned in this way?

Give it a go and see. All DVDs are the same format, theres no such thing as a NTSC or PAL DVD, all it means is the DVD player can playback in that format for the TV. If you make it region free with DVD Shrink it should work, I see no reason for it not to :thumbs:

Cheers DJ Dunk, feel a little stupid now :dry: Anyway, i got her yesterday and im loving every second. Theres gotta be some use for the computer though!!

:welcome: mate and hope you're enjoying her, but :worthless:

or post a new topic with your car pics :thumbs: