Bench or angle grinder

zelda

Evening,

Bit of a random question, but I want to buy a tool so that I can polish metal and plastic items. Absolute largest would be a headlight, but mostly smaller things.

I've been looking at bench grinders but they all seem to have a ton of protective plates on them, making the actual area you can get the item into  to polish quite small (Realise this is for safety, but looks way over the top).

Could I use a handheld tool for this kind of thing? Would an angle grinder be a silly idea, or maybe just a car paint polisher?

Cheers

Edited by zelda

If you do not require a mobile device then a bench type grinder machine with a polishing wheel fitted will be fine.

Get one where you can remove the safety guards to allow better access.

I have a few of these and they work okay:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cbk150c-6in-polishing-kit/?da=1&TC=GS-060722015&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fW0hJ2v1QIVSbftCh3HNgeIEAQYBCABEgJHN_D_BwE

Only £28.00 toboot.

Please note that this is only the polishing kit.

B1429E59-D7B7-4C2A-8EE2-8E446BE6D00B-large.jpgB77EC552-C154-47E2-9234-212B5264D4C0-large.jpg

Ha ha yeah I have that polishing kit. Just need the grinder now.

Not fussed about the mobility aspect. I couldn't find that grinder pictured though, but I just realised it's with the guard removed.

Will take another look on machine mart. 

Thanks guys