car audio fitter

GeraldD

Hi, 

I recently  bought a Pioneer AVICF80DAB  double dine  with the face plate and the right set of cable  . i originally also bought  or "clic" fitting  but turn out the fitting is 4h drive away needless to say ....... I  got the fitting cost back without issue and the company admitted the website was misleading and it will get changed  no issue there . 

I rang couple of Commercial audio place and business must be good because they both asked to ring back in couple weeks to make a booking  . 

so i'm based in Essex, Maldon  and i'm looking for some one to fit  that unit correctly  either a  commercial  / or enthousiaste  who know what they doing ,   fitting can be done at my place or i can drive to somewhere local  . cost to be agreed in advance  

Edited by GeraldD

I followed the thread on this forum and finished fitting it today. I was worried about doing it myself, but it was surprisingly easy. About 10 screws and that's it. I'd volunteer to do yours, but Derby is a trek away from you lol.

heh thanks for the offer ,  Love Derby  mind you .    unfortunately  bit busy   with work for a road trip  much has i like driving my toy .  I if  i fail   to found someone  I  will make a crack at it but i'm  not the car tweaker type  especially  with 600 quid worth of kit .

Well , following couple of guide on the forum i  tested the pioneer  unit ,  and it's almost working  , and for a moment i was very happy with myself    except for when i realised  no sound  coming of speakers ,   so i'm still researching  the why .   

2005 reg with Bose audio   replaced with  Pioneer AVIC-F80DAB 

- wheel control working

- FM - DAB  finding radio   but no sound

- CD running  but no sound 

-sat nav woking 

and i get nothing not even  scratchy sound .  i welcome any pointers on  what to do next  .   i checked the wiring to the best of my ability  .   but i reached a wall   on what to do next to debug the issue 

Hey :thumbs:

Do you know what wiring harness you have used? Could you supply a part number and manufacturer?

To my knowledge, there are two different sets, one for use with the bose amplifier and one without. This might be your issue. If you are using the one designed for use without the amp, then it doesn't send a signal to the amp, therefore no sound. 

Regards,

Jon

Hey,

You'll be pleased to know that you have the correct wiring adapter :thumbs:

I think I can see your problem. In the photos, can you see the blue and white wire on the harness that has a white label saying 'amplifier'? You need to connect this. 

There will be a remote wire from the stereo. Should have the female crimp to accept the male connector from the wiring harness. 

I hope this firstly makes sense, and secondly, helps you out. 

thanks for confirming i got the right wiring adapter ,  i took a one  more photos exposing the cables better , along with another photos with the 4 cables i 'm left with .    i can see the cable  you talking about , not sure about where  to connect to mind  you

596e6a94d1c74_WP_20170718_20_53_02_Rich(2).thumb.jpg.1d52e1234d12921bc67346b9de8f0267.jpg596e6adbeb4ae_WP_20170718_21_03_23_Rich(2).thumb.jpg.ab956d9657bf4127a56fefd4b7245eab.jpg

Those photos help!

You'll have to excuse my rushed replies, I'm at work, and well, they aren't paying me to sit around and enjoy the forum as much as I am (don't tell anyone B)).

So from the photo you've just supplied of the headunit and wiring, can you see the blue and white cable that has a blue tag on it that says '*something* remote control'? Pull apart the male and female connector located at the clear rubber cover right by the tag, then take the cable from the wiring harness (the one we identified earlier, blue and white with the white tag saying amplifier) and connect that into the female of the headunit (the blue tagged cable you just pulled apart). 

Proceed to test.

I hope this solves the issue for you. If my explanation is not clear enough, let me know and I'll try to help as best possible :thumbs:

Jon

ok beside the fact that my other half think i gone totally nut for 'playing' with my car at 11pm  , it's pitch black outside so  i tho this be more constructive for now    since ' blue ' cables is  the source of my troubles , i took photos of both  set of cables  and i added a number to make  communication easier .  if i understand you right  2 & 4  should conected together right ? 

WP_20170718_23_21_58_Rich.jpg

Yes that's correct (By my reckoning and understanding). Connect 2 and 4 (Providing 2 is the female, hard to tell from the photo but should be quite obvious to you.), then continue the install as per normal. Hopefully when it powers up, your amp gets its signal and you'll have the speakers playing all your favourites. 

My Mrs thinks I'm nuts also, at least yours has a reason... it's for a good cause though!

Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,

Jon

ok , well plugged the head unit in , but the same  wheel control working , dab finding radio etc .., all seem  working    except  i get no  sound to speakers not even crackle .   not sure what to next  either 

on the plus side it didn't go boum either. 

I had this problem too on my sony HU, it may be that you need to find a way to connect 1, 2 and 4 together. On mine the amp out (blue and white) from my HU was already connected to something, leaving 4 unconnected. I wedged 4 into the back of the the plug with the wire of the same colour to test and hey presto it worked.

i could strip the cable into a domino  that no issue ,   but i don't have the kit to re crimp   the leads  if that doesn't  work .   I will try to test that theory  with a spear speaker cable (i think ) and try to connect 1,2  & 4 without  cutting any cables  if i get a sound out them  i will  cut the cables end into a domino . 

HAH ! RESULT  lol 

ok so  does not  sound just right  yet but turn  out connecting 2& 4 was correct , the unit setting menu has  bunch of options   which need to be turned on  , i'm yet to fully explore that  but at glad to report  i  got sounds blasting  out speakers  .to my relief i must admit  .   i side note i do hope those double din carry a cmos battery  to keep those setting

any how going to play with those setting before  i fit the unit proper back in  

thanks for the helping hands to you both .

• Like 2

Further progress  in this upgrade , sound is working but only in the front speakers , now i been playing with the setting , no luck no sub or rear speakers ,  also noticed if subwoofer turn off in option   no sound at all come out , even front speakers .    

Yeah looking at the first post (pic) there are 4 rca outs red white black and yellow and the corresponding on the leads, those should be the speakers outs. Then there are separate red white yellow hardwire connections to the HU (grey wires) which should be for the Audio and Video inputs