Nice weekend ... think I'll go for a drive

ATTAK Z

According to predictions the sun is going to shine this weekend. I'm planning a trip ...

Saturday

Lunch at Betty's Harlow Carr Harrogate

Afternoon drinks by the River Wharfe at the Red Lion Burnsall

PM dinner at The Angel Inn Hetton

Overnight at Ashfield House Grassington

Sunday

Drive to the source of the River Wharfe somewhere near Beckermonds

Lunch at the Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey

PM read the papers on the banks of the river ... maybe a snooze and an ice cream

Dinner at Emilios Bawtry

So anyone who thinks Yorkshire is just grit and sh!t, just check out these beautiful locations in God's own county :)

Happy to meet anyone at any of these locations ... PM for contact number

• Like 3

Ah many of my drives when I was younger ended up in Grassington or over that way past Skipton :)

I remember the first time I went out of Grassington, where that bridge is with the hump in it. Needless to say I saw the steep hill at the other side and accelerated early and got the shock of my life when it felt like all four wheels left the ground.

The road from the Dev leading through Bolton Abbey towards burnsall and ending up in Grassington is great. Lots of twistys !

Beautiful place.

I grew up in Skipton so spent a lot of time on that road on random drives when I had just past my test.

Keep an eye out for the bunnies through. They seem to have a death wish when they come out on an evening.

Ah many of my drives when I was younger ended up in Grassington or over that way past Skipton :)

I remember the first time I went out of Grassington, where that bridge is with the hump in it. Needless to say I saw the steep hill at the other side and accelerated early and got the shock of my life when it felt like all four wheels left the ground.

Try going from the other direction ...major air was had that day. :)

Edited by Rob332
  • Like 1

Great minds...

We are doing loop over to Huddersfield back down the twistys past the reservoirs over towards Rochdale/Littleborough etc and then loop back over the top towards Denshaw and back towards Huddersfield for some food :)

Have fun on your drive ;)

Great minds...

We are doing loop over to Huddersfield back down the

twistys past the reservoirs over towards Rochdale/Littleborough etc and then loop back over the top towards Denshaw and back towards Huddersfield for some food :)

Have fun on your drive ;)

We did ... hope you did too