What's the best place for axle stands???

Rob350

Alright chaps...

iv just purchased some axle stands thanks the good find someone posted on here :thumbs:

Iv never used axle stands before, always messed around with big chocks of hardwood (well... not that big)

Anyway... I'm not sure where is safe to sit them other than the jacking points on the car, but obviously the jack would be there at the time.

Could someone please let me know where the best or a good safe place to put them on the rear and the front??? If you could point out on a picture I'd be extreamly grateful.

Also is there a place I can jack off to raise the rear or front of the car in one go??? (instead of jacking each corner seperatly)

cheers guys

For the rear the diff has a jacking point and the front has a jacking point in the center behind the engine but can be a nightmare to get a jack in without driving onto a few planks of wood first or just go for the sills. I use a bit of nylon with a slot cut out to jack form the sills but some people buy a cheap hockey puck and cut a slot in that and use that to jack up and sit the axle stands on.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/attachments/how-articles/22544d1077160587-how-factory-jack-points-jackinfo__small_.jpg

Got mine from Halfords on sale

Seem good quality

So did I, £12 for the 3 tonne ones, can't complain at that price.

And thanks for the picture Scooby that's helped alot

Am I the only sniggering at jack off?

DING DING DING DING... CONGRATULATIONS. ..

YOU ARE THE LUCKY WINNER OF THIS, UNIQUE AND ONE OFF... THUMS UP....

:thumbs:

I was wondering who would crack the first comment on Jack off haha