New to the forum purchasing my 1st 350z !

That's is for all the replies much appreciated !

I think I'll have a good look around I'm not in a rush to buy one I prefer to take my time and find the right one for me

As for which model to go for it's going to be between already 06 car and a rev up my heart was set on a 06 onwards however I'd happily buy a pretty 06 one in good condition

Can you tune the non rev up to the same power levels as a genuine rev up ?

Again cheers for the welcomes!

An early DE can easily be tuned to the same power levels as a rev up and torque will then be more than a standard rev up.

260ib/ft for the rev up.

http://www.tdi-north.com/abbey-motorsport

I got a stage 1 tune before I went turbo and I got 298bhp and around 290ib/ft torque. Mines an 03 DE.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

That's k you for the information @tt350 I was looking at the early models because they are well with in my budget and have a good bit of cash left over for servicing and bits that might need doing etc

However a lot of the early models have quite higher miles on them now and I'm not too keen on buying one with near 100k miles on the clock

I would want to tune as I that's what I enjoy so a supercharger or TT set up would be a possibility in the near future that's why I wanted to go for lower miles rather than high

I'm from East Sussex

That's k you for the information @tt350 I was looking at the early models because they are well with in my budget and have a good bit of cash left over for servicing and bits that might need doing etc

However a lot of the early models have quite higher miles on them now and I'm not too keen on buying one with near 100k miles on the clock

I would want to tune as I that's what I enjoy so a supercharger or TT set up would be a possibility in the near future that's why I wanted to go for lower miles rather than high

I'm from East Sussex

Been there, done that, ;) ....honestly you would be better off buying one that is already supercharged or TT set up if you know that's what you want. It's a bigger cost initially but saves you a lot of money in the long term.

Just for some other info I supercharged my DE at 90-95K miles odd if memory serves. As long as the car is well looked after before and serviced regularly the mileage they have is not as important as you might think. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I think for me supercharging or turbo is just a option for the future as I might just enjoy it naturally aspirated , if I strive for !ore power then least it's a route i can take , I have seen a z near me with 2 owners 94k on the clock all checks out hpi clear the Mots check out it's a 04 plate but the miles is putting me off only £5,700

I've always worried about mileage it's just one of those things my dad said to me when I was 17 he said never buy a car with 100k miles and it's always stick with me for some reason

Edited by Adamz350

I've always worried about mileage it's just one of those things my dad said to me when I was 17 he said never buy a car with 100k miles and it's always stick with me for some reason

You're not alone with that thinking. Things are different nowadays though with better engines/cars, improved lubricants and more.

A car with 100K miles that's been looked after all its life with regular servicing and replacement parts when needed is much better imo than a car with 50K miles which has been unloved with a poor service history.

Service schedule for the 350Z here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

Print that off and use it as a kind of check list to make sure any Zeds you're looking at have been serviced as close as possible or better than that schedule.

Buyers guide here in case you haven't spotted it: http://www.350z-uk.c...rs-guide-fixes/

:thumbs:

I bought mine at close to 100k. Absolutely delighted with it at the time. I think gone are the days when 100k was near end of life or over. As in, old Fords and Vauxhalls.

Don't let 100k put you off an early one.

Thank you for the links much appreciated I shall have a good read through

That's made me feel better about buying a higher miles car, to be honest 80-90 k on cars of this age is low anyway

l

Also thinking about it there is a lot of proof out there that modern day engines can do the miles whilst maintaining reliability and power there's plenty of honda k20 engines with well over a 100k miles that are still running strong

tt350 so did you twin turbo yours on over 100k ? Or did you rebuild the engine ?

Adam

Yeah it was on 102k when I boosted it.

Before I booster it, I drove the knickers off, especially after I got the plenum spacer, panel filter and uprev. That stage 1 tune transformed the drive. Oh how I used to thrash it.

After turbo conversion a bearing let go which, to be honest, was my fault. Oil got low once or twice and I fed her standard petrol a fair bit but it was tuned for Vpower. So it let go with 430bhp and and a fair bit of poor ownership.

I promise that if you get an 03/4/5 DE, with a service hostory you won't be disappointed. Get that stage 1 pack and, if it doesn't have one when you buy it, a nice exhaust and some wheel spacers. You'll be in love.

If you're like me and love modding you'll be so glad of the extra money you'll have left over from buying an older Z.