Rear axel removal for wheel bearing/hub change...

MDMetal

Hi guys, can't seem to find the answer to this! I've found some videos but they skip over this all important section.

-I've removed the wheel

-Taken the hub nut off

-removed the pads and caliper

-unbolted the 6 bolts holding the stub axel to the diff

SO what's next? I need to get the axel out of the hub to get round to the four bolts.

The manual implies that you need to pull the stub axel further out of the hub which will cause the diff end (with the 6 bolts) however I've tried (with the handbrake on) rebolting the hub nut with a plate underneath, turning the hub nut should then pull the axel out, however it seems to just get stuck and I suspect the axel can't be pulled out any further. Do I need to loosen the diff connection somehow? ANy advice would be appreciated!

If you've undone the 6 bolts on the diff and the big 32mm hub nut. Drop the axle from the diff end and pull the axle inwards. It's should just slide of the splines. If not a tap with a rubber mallet or a lump of wood on the outer axle end should encourage it to move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

Diff side will be held on with rust if you have the 6 or whatever bolts off, give it a tap with a mallet. But my question is why are you taking the half shafts off if it's the hub that's being replaced? Surly you would just disconnect all the suspension arms from it then its off the car,

Indeed took a bit of bashing and access isn't the best but it wasn't a particularly involved job. I'm always wary of removing bits of the suspension, altho that's my next task! New hub is nice and smooth, already greased as well, thanks very much ZmanAlex!