EML light

G1en

Just done Nurburgring trip where the car was faultless, got back to uk and needed fuel so stopped at BP as it was first one and i was on fumes. Filled up with 97ron ultimate and start car and eml comes on. Dont know if this is coincidence or not as i have always used shell V power and its just been mapped on that.

Anywat got home, did the pedal dance and the blinks were as follows

2, 11, 10, 3

I thought thet only went upto 10 which was zero but checked it several times and its def 11 for second set. I did a reset and light has gone off now so hopefully just a one off but can anyone tell me what the code relates to?

I do have hi flow cats but its been up-reved so i thought that eliminates any warnings for those if thats what it is.

Thanks guys,

Not sure what code that is to be honest. P2103? However, from the list I have, there are only 6 P2xxx codes and only 1 P2xx3 code which is P2123 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor............I think you are too heavy footed whilst on the 'Ring' :scare:

Maybe if you can locate the sensor, some contact cleaner to clean the sensor?

Edit: Found another code P2133 Throttle Position Sensor - A good clean (be very careful) should help

Edited by veeg33

Only mentioned fuel as i was running on dregs so dont know if that would have triggered anything? Is the throttle position sensor behind the pedal? I may have knocked it when swapping over to the new 380rs pedal?

The throttle position sensor will be in you engine bay, the intake system. Have a read here on why I mention be very careful if you are going to clean it --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64357-throttle-body-reset/

Alternatively, try the pedal dance to reset everything and re-learn. Hopefully this will sort it before needing to clean it --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Still EML coming on after 5/10 minutes driving. Same sequence of flashes as before:

Does anybody have a clue what it relates to? Car drives fine but its starting to annoy me. Will a reader give more specific diagnosis of issue and if so can anyone provide a link to right one.

Thanks people

Update. Still EML coming on after 5/10 minutes driving. Same sequence of flashes as before:

Does anybody have a clue what it relates to? Car drives fine but its starting to annoy me. Will a reader give more specific diagnosis of issue and if so can anyone provide a link to right one.

Thanks people

Have you got a throttle controller fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, just a thought but I had a similar problem, traced it to the connection between the throttle sensor (on the pedal) and the throttle controller.

Maybe if you have swapped pedals over the connection isn't good.

The throttle sensors work between 0 and 5 volts so any poor connections will flag up a fault code.

I had to unplug it and close the connections over with a small pick so it was a snug fit electrically.

Worth a try?

There are two, one is part of the throttle body on the engine, the other is part of the pedal assembly, if you look at the pedal box there is a plug on the top of each pedal. It's a grey plug from memory

Found the grey one above pedal. Is this the throttle body sensor in centre of pic below i have disconnected. If so i have used compressed air to blast them, dont know if it will do anything but worth a go. Took one of my knuckles off in the process, as per usual with the 350 engine bay.

779283F8-B65D-4DF3-91E8-783B3BCC9B1A_zpsbvljcte7.jpg

Possibly yes but it's more than likely the one on the pedal itself if you have fitted a new pedal.

Basically the sensor on the pedal and the sensor in the throttle body must read the same otherwise it flags up as a fault.

Compressed air would clean out any crap from the plug but when they are connected they are pretty well sealed so it's more than likely the electrical connectors inside the plug not touching properly on the pedal box plug.

Obviously this is just guess work but it's were I would start if you have played around with the pedals 👊

Yes i cleaned the pedal one as well. Just intrigued to know what the fault code is? by all accounts you cant have 11 blinks but that's definitely what i get each time for the second number. Will try and go for a drive midweek and see if it comes back on.

Thats what i need, will get one ordered. Thanks for that.

Do you know if they work on most cars ie universal or do you need a specific type per make/country/age of car

I have an oldish BMW that has a load of lights on the dash. Cougar store read it as a faulty speed sensor on rear left wheel but now got a couple of more warning lights.

• 8 months later...

Yes and No. The EML light comes on periodically. When it was serviced this was read as 02 bank 2 sensor i think which is probably due to the sports cats. It seems to trigger when the engine/exhaust is very hot either after high revving for 20 mins or sat in traffic for 20 mins so i just reset it. Doesnt effect performance at all and i dont think it was ever anything to do with the throttle sensors.