Car won't start - intermittent

iwanprice12

Hi,

Recently the car has been quite intermittent in starting. Usually, depress the cluth and the starter motor kicks in and the engine fires up. But recently all the lights on the dash light up, but the engine doesn't turn over? Bit confused...wondering if this would be a starter motor issue or a dodgy Earth? As I said, sometimes fires up at 1st time of asking, somtimes not at all. I have done a video but not sure whether I can upload from my phone via Tapatalk?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try logging into the site via a browser on your phone you should be able to add video that way.

I would test battery first, tried turning on your headlights with the engine off? Do they come on brightly or really dim/not at all?

Is it hard starting or just normal when it does ?

Normal when it does. Really bizzare as it's fine sometimes, then sometimes will take a few turns to do it.

Edited by iwanprice12

Try logging into the site via a browser on your phone you should be able to add video that way.

I would test battery first, tried turning on your headlights with the engine off? Do they come on brightly or really dim/not at all?

Headlights seem to work fine and the voltage from the battery seems to be normal. Will try and sort my laptop later to add the video. Thanks for the advice gents.