Disc backplate

formatzero

Noticed a grating sound from front drivers side wheel only when turning left,local garage had a look at it and could find nothing wrong with discs,pads or wheel bearings,they suspect it could be an issue with disc backplate.Phoned Nissan garage to get a price for one and it wasn't on their system ! The guy said this indicated none had been bought in the U.K and he would have to email Nissan for a price.

The car is 13 plate with 40k and extended warranty but I would doubt if this would be covered and its a two hour jaunt to nearest dealer,anyone had similar problem ? cheers

While this won't help the diagnosis, I can tell you I picked up a set of 4 in reasonable used nick for my 350 (I'll be sanding and painting them, no bother) from ZMANALEX, a breaker on this forum, I think he charged me 15 quid for the set, but don't quote me on that in case I remember wrong and mess him up! lol. He usually has stuff for 370s too.

I would suggest that your existing parts just need a good smack with a hammer though, pull them off and see if noise is gone, and if so, apply hammer??

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1