Rev Up Engine

z21

Following the demise of my big end this morning, I find myself in the market for a new engine.. :dry:

I've done the usual internet searches without much luck and was wondering if anyone around here had one lurking around?

Thanks in advance for any help, its very much appreciated in this dark hour!!

About £2k seems to be the going rate if fully functional going by my research over the last few days! Let me know if you go down that route as I may be interested! What are you thinking of putting in there instead??

Yeah will do, well it won't be coming out until at least august as that's when my loan finishes, which would then enable me to fund a 1JZ and associated equipment. Could end up getting pushed back a further 6-9 months depending on work commitments aswell, should I end up going on a deployment. I'll do most the work myself, only thing I can't figure out is if I can use 1JZ Ecu and have keep the traction control and cruise control. I've been researching it for last few months, I know I can use a syvecs 6GP ecu, but trying to keep cost down. Anyways went on a bit too much there.

But £2000 doesn't seem to bad, don't see anyone selling rev ups at the moment, wouldn't it be cheaper to have a rebuild with high comp pistons and cams ?

Sounds mega mate! Always loved the idea of a JZ engine in the car!

Going by the word 'deployment' I presume you're Army/Navy/RAF?

I'll ask someone over the weekend as I have a couple of clients who race our cars in various guises and are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of thing!

I've asked around a couple of engine builders I know about rebuilds and I'm waiting to get quotes back, but I doubt it would be cheaper in terms of the amount of work involved.

Due to my own job I'm away from home for long periods of time and when I'm not, work is pretty full on so I don't really want to come home and work on an engine..

That said, out of all the cars I have driven; racing, exotic classic or otherwise, the 350Z never fails to put a smile on my face and I'm going to push to get her on the road again so in the rare moments I do actually have free time I can actually drive it!!

Yeah putting a JZ in is the plan I'll start collecting parts for it soon. Hopefully it's still got torque down low.

I'm in the Navy, so it's sucks if I've got to go away and put things on hold, having the car sat there doing nothing will drive me mad.

Oo clients race your cars? You work for/own a garage or motorsport team that sounds awesome? Would love any advice I could get on the electronic side of things.

Ahh that's fair enough, I am the same sometimes can't be bothered to pick up a spanner and do any work on the motor.

Good luck getting that sorted pal, I've had this car about 2 years now and it's the longest I've ever kept a car never bored of it, would like a bit more power and something different so hence the motor change.

that is one thing I love about the 350Z's engine, you basically surf around on a wave of torque!

Ah ok! Considered that myself many years ago, I've got a mate who's in subs and he claims that he's sailed round the world 5 times and seen none of it!

Without giving too much away I work for a manufacturer and spend my weekends at tracks. Today was a bastard; Brands - Silverstone - Donington - Oulton..

I've always been tempted by an LS swap but when you start getting to that level of work, money, etc imo you can buy too much Porsche for similar money

that is one thing I love about the 350Z's engine, you basically surf around on a wave of torque!

Ah ok! Considered that myself many years ago, I've got a mate who's in subs and he claims that he's sailed round the world 5 times and seen none of it!

Without giving too much away I work for a manufacturer and spend my weekends at tracks. Today was a bastard; Brands - Silverstone - Donington - Oulton..

I've always been tempted by an LS swap but when you start getting to that level of work, money, etc imo you can buy too much Porsche for similar money