Wiper (not blades) replacement options

nictry

Having spent a small fortune on my zed this week with a P3, slave cylinder replacement, new tyres and tax/insurance all clocking in around £1k in total which hurt a lot!! I realised that there is still a niggle that I have been meaning to sort for 3 years now which is to replace the wipers which have started to look very poorly with rust bubbles almost breaking through the paint now.

I wouldn't know where to start but am guessing this is not an easy fix and being completely mechanically incompetent it is something I will need a garage etc. to do the actual work assuming it's even possible to obtain new wipers?

Any advice or thoughts on potential costs and grief involved in sorting this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

£1k for a P3, slave cylinder replacement, new tyres AND tax/insurance??? Sounds like an absolute bargain...

As for the wipers, you can just sand them back and repaint them.

If you can't be bothered, then just :pmzmanalex: or Jon@Emperor who I bet both have spares for sale.

Procedure for removing is in the service manual, but this thread may help.

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 2

£1k for a P3, slave cylinder replacement, new tyres AND tax/insurance??? Sounds like an absolute bargain...

As for the wipers, you can just sand them back and repaint them.

If you can't be bothered, then just :pmzmanalex: or Jon@Emperor who I bet both have spares for sale.

Procedure for removing is in the service manual, but this thread may help.

Actually you are right it was just over £1100 in total (and only 6 months tax as it goes SORN for the winter) but I can't spin it anyway to sound like a bargain ;)

I did find the thread on repainting the existing ones but honestly diy is not for me and I would likely make a very bad mess! I will do as you suggest re the PMs as looking around trying to find 'new' spare arms seems difficult in the UK, ironically for around £50 I could get both arms from the US but suspect that option wouldn't work on a UK spec car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by nictry

Assumed a years tax, but even so...

General pricing:

P3: £200-400

Slave cylinder: £100-500

6 months tax: £300

Tyres: £400-600

Insurance: £200-£2000

Total: £1200-3800

Close!

P3 and slave £470