Baffled sump

Nutter

Hi All,

Looking to purchase an actual baffled sump. Looking at something like the Japspeed sump. I don't want a spacer plate as i cant see the benefit for drifting apart from having more oil capacity.

Thanks

Tom

Either of these if you're looking for new:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/engine/oil-pans/134-350z-de-greddy-high-capacity-oil-pan-13525905.html

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/engine/oil-pans/152-350z-de-stillen-oil-pan-upgrade-401140.html

I went for a spacer and cooler rather than the above, I'm tracking, not drifting.

But the main thing is extra capacity and cooling (imho), and both or all are worthwhile anyway !

(you have more oil, you aren't going to suck up air because it get's a spacer on the pick-up)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks but i'm hoping someone somewhere has a secondhand item as i want to adjust it to what i require.

I've gone with a copy of a copy - those japspeed ones from china as japspeed are now out of stock. Quality where it matters is fine just rough casting. Was around £130 inc the import duty.

Thanks but i'm hoping someone somewhere has a secondhand item as i want to adjust it to what i require.

I've gone with a copy of a copy - those japspeed ones from china as japspeed are now out of stock. Quality where it matters is fine just rough casting. Was around £130 inc the import duty.

Interesting to see how you get on - is it fitted? , i've seen mixed feedback on them example below:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/ebay-greddy-knock-off-oil-pan-t132051.html

Also saw Brian Mcann bought one but it had loads of loose stuff in it so had to be sandblasted which makes it less cheap.

Interesting to see how you get on - is it fitted? , i've seen mixed feedback on them example below:

http://forums.nicocl...an-t132051.html

Also saw Brian Mcann bought one but it had loads of loose stuff in it so had to be sandblasted which makes it less cheap.

So more detail / review..

The casting internally is indeed fairly rough, nothing at all loose etc, its similar to the rougher parts of the upper plenum if you imagine that, bit worse in places.

Should stress there was no loose material though, gave it a good going over, cleaned out with brake cleaner and some residue from the coating did clean off, but nothing worth crying about, if you don't clean it after transport / handling / packaging etc anyway then you shouldn't be doing the job.

The machining of the mounting face (where it bolts up) was sound nice and flat and smooth.

All the threads were ok, run bolts in and out of them and they cleaned up better, again just a bit of residual coating.

The hardware is ok.

One thing I was concerned about was the lack of an oil pickup spacer as per the 'genuine' brands, although japspeed have apparently sold plenty without the spacer and do not say it is compulsory.

My mind eased when i measured / checked the drop difference compared to stock, these are much wider than standard sump but not much deeper at all.

A dry test fit keeping an eye on the pickup for clearance / height and it was well deep enough.

Upon fitting I have only had one issue that I guess could be a big one to some, the 3x longer Allen bolts supplied were not long enough. All the smaller ones were fine but the long ones were about 10mm too short, didn't even engage with the threads. I have access to materials so was no issue for me.

Run the car since and done a couple of drives no issues to report but its not made of cheese.