Jdm import

Tomgee987

Hi I'm currently looking for my first 350z and keep coming across many jdm imports. Basically I'm just wondering is this something to avoid been an import or is their anything in particular I should look out for when buying one? Thanks, Tom.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a JDM spec 350z provided it has been well looked after and hasn't been driven every winter since it arrived.

Japs don't underseal thier cars to prevent corrosion, so make sure that's already been done, or inspect the underside to see how bad it is. Ignore the W brace, that perishes on every car.

JDM OEM sat navs do not work in the UK. You can get the old Navara units to work with the screen but be realistic, the Nissan system is dogshit, stick to a tom tom or similar if you're planning long trips.

Truth is, the JDM market offered a lot more trim levels than the UK market, some might come with brembos, some might not. The Japanese and the US are also the only two countries that had official Nismo releases. UK cars have the V2 aero, but no Nismo parts or tuning.

Post up some adverts for the cars you're looking at so we can help further.

Cheers

G

Do not fear the JDM car :)

As long as you check it out properly, are aware of the trim levels as G says ensure its a solid car there is no reason not to go for one - all the old excuses about expensive insurance etc are a thing of the past.

I have a jdm import 2005 with 19000 miles in pearlescent white, i have done a few things as im pirnicity when it comes to how it looks and drives, it didnt come with service history but thats not a concern, through my choice i have renewed clutch./flywheel, headlights, tail lights, Radiator, front/rear bumper, HU, reverse/front cameras, steering wheel, tyres, pads/shoes,discs, oils/fluids etc but as i said it was my choice and has to look and drive well, my previous car was a forged evo 4 which has rust at the top of the back arches so it is now in storage. I dont mind spending the ££££s and know i will never get it back but the 350z Convertible is totally different from the evo but a great car to drive and sounds superb... I would def buy another...