Oil cooler how many rows?

SlickRick

I recently swapped out my g35 radiator and fan shroud for the mishimoto 350z ones and went with the universal transmission cooler just to get it all done cause I didn't have the money. But now I got some more money I want to swap it out for a sexy one with the M on it. Just not not sure how many Rows to go for 19 or 25, I'm thinking 19 but is 25 better or too much?

Current mods are all the suggested breathing mods + remap. I've got hfc but buying decats today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Transmission cooler wise it shouldn't hurt to go 25, although for road you wont need the same cooling as being tracked, , but if your talking oil cooler you can definitely over cool.

Good point, I didn't see that he said transmission !

Transmission cooler wise it shouldn't hurt to go 25, although for road you wont need the same cooling as being tracked, , but if your talking oil cooler you can definitely over cool.

Well am I correct to think I can replace my transmission cooler with the oil cooler?

Also I'm not tracking the car but aesthetically the 9 isn't doing it for me - too small. 19 or 25 are sizes I like.

Edited by SlickRick

Well am I correct to think I can replace my transmission cooler with the oil cooler?

Also I'm not tracking the car but aesthetically the 9 isn't doing it for me - too small. 19 or 25 are sizes I like.

You may find that a large oil cooler will over cool transmission fluid, although i am not 100% on that, the std units are pretty small anyway, and should be quite sufficient for normal road use, oil coolers are designed for passing move viscus fluid IE engine oil and so may be overkill.

• 2 weeks later...

Post Revival!

I'm looking to buy one of these now and get it in. So just to confirm it is definitely safe to replace my transmission cooler with one I should go thermostatic and 10rows as Too many rows (next option is 19) may cause a problem?