Quote for new pads and discs (Brembo) Amended

Argyll

Sorry about this but it was too early for my brain this morning and some people didn't understand my quote so I thought I'd better start again, rather than amend it half way through the post.

Standard set up (EBC standard discs and mintex pads)

Front £225 fitted

Rear £192 fitted

Uprated set up (EBC Groovedisc and Redstuff pads)

Front £320 fitted

Rear £255 fitted

I hope this makes better sense. How does this price sound. To Phil what would you charge mate for this set up?

Sorry about this but it was too early for my brain this morning and some people didn't understand my quote so I thought I'd better start again, rather than amend it half way through the post.

Front £225 fitted

Rear £192 fitted

Front £320 fitted

Rear £255 fitted

I hope this makes better sense. How does this price sound. To Phil what would you charge mate for this set up?

on the EBC grooved option with redstuff pads £470 for everything, can't comment on the Mintex as we no longer use them.

Front £225 fitted

Rear £192 fitted

Front £320 fitted

Rear £255 fitted

on the EBC grooved option with redstuff pads £470 for everything, can't comment on the Mintex as we no longer use them.

Bargain! You've just saved him about £100 so just keep it and throw him in a popcharger :teeth:B)

Big Phil

That I assume won't be fitted though will it?

Yes if you came here.

Leave your credit card at home and close your Paypal account if you're going to visit Phil, you'll thank me in the end :teeth:

In all seriousness, Phil does a very good service of fitting (most) stuff bought from for free. They are very professional and had my plenum spacer fitted in the time it took me to have a look around the showroom and have a cuppa! :thumbs:

Has anyone had any dealing's with these guys?

CRN PRODUCTS LTD,

THE DEPOT,

LINCOLN STREET,

CHESTERFIELD,

DERBYSHIRE,

S40 2TW.

01246 559933

I've been quoted a total price £399 for EBC Groove discs and Redstuff pads in ebay. His feedback is pretty good. Obviously I want to get the best deal without sacrificing quality.

If you have a jack and wheel brace and a few tools, you can change them yourself in no more than a couple of hours. ;)

and copper grease ;) easy job as rob says :thumbs:

+1 - I got Nissan to do mine and after a wheel nut falling off recently, I wont trust them with the job again, I'll be doing it myself :thumbs:

Has anyone had any dealing's with these guys?

CRN PRODUCTS LTD,

THE DEPOT,

LINCOLN STREET,

CHESTERFIELD,

DERBYSHIRE,

S40 2TW.

01246 559933

I've been quoted a total price £399 for EBC Groove discs and Redstuff pads in ebay. His feedback is pretty good. Obviously I want to get the best deal without sacrificing quality.

Bump anyone?

I've been browsing through ebay at the EBC brake discs. I didn't realise there are different types i.e GD7120, GD7123 etc. Can anyone advise what is the difference and what's the best type to go for?

for brembo cars

front disc GD 7122

rear disc GD 7123

non brembo cars

front disc GD7120

rear disc GD7121

the GD denotes grooved disc.

Big Phil

That I assume won't be fitted though will it?

I'm an automotive retard and even I managed to fit my own :blush:

But how much did your pads squeek! ;)

Thats because he didnt break them in properly. Admittedly mine squealled a hell of a lot till I took them out again for a proper thrashing. No squealing since :thumbs:

Right I've just been off the phone to these guys at CRN in Chesterfield. The guy tells me the discs he can supply me are actually the EBC standard discs but they actually groove them themselves at their place!

I'm not too sure about this. Any thoughts?

Right I've just been off the phone to these guys at CRN in Chesterfield. The guy tells me the discs he can supply me are actually the EBC standard discs but they actually groove them themselves at their place!

I'm not too sure about this. Any thoughts?

Sorry I know it may sound biased but I would be stayin away from those.