BAXI Solo 3 central heating boiler advice??

stanski

Hi Sorry to talk about boilers here - imagine its a GT-R if that helps? :p

Got a 3 year old Baxi Solo 3 central heating boiler , recently its been cutting out a lot - the overheat light comes on - I do the reset via the thermo switch and it runs for a while then cuts out again? Pump is working I have bled the rads but cant think of anything else to check?

So do you recon its a duff thermostat or pcb?? Damn thing is only 3 years old? Any advice greatly received? :)

Thanks

Stan

spoke to my plumber friend,he reckoned it could be a number of things, but most likly to be that the pump may not be working fast enough to pump water out or it could be the heat exchanger or thermostat.

best to get a service engineer to give it a once over

Paul

Hi Sorry to talk about boilers here - imagine its a GT-R if that helps? :p

Got a 3 year old Baxi Solo 3 central heating boiler , recently its been cutting out a lot - the overheat light comes on - I do the reset via the thermo switch and it runs for a while then cuts out again? Pump is working I have bled the rads but cant think of anything else to check?

So do you recon its a duff thermostat or pcb?? Damn thing is only 3 years old? Any advice greatly received? :)

Thanks

Stan

Chesterfield????? ;):D

Thanks for the advice - its a brand new Grundphos pump set to fast speed to replace the brand new pump when installed originally -

(- bleedin Electrician did a test before they had put any water in the system and seized it !! )

Hmm what you say may be right - as I think its overheating a bit too often and tripping too often, but I was worried that the thermostat may be a bit too weak ?? Okay phone my local gas bods and get them round.

No Not Chesterfield sunny Bury by the sea! :lol:

Thanks again let you know the outcome.

See we are not Anoraks (Enthusiasts is a better term) and we solve World class problems here - just like being in a real pub! ;)

Stan