Signature...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys.... In exactly the same way as you put a picture up, put that same code in your signature....

i.e.

http://location of your image just use the [ ] brackets instead of < > Insert that into your signature, and it should be sorted...

Just try to keep the depth of the sig to a minimum, i.e. not a load of lines of text and a sig, otherwise the sigs start to look bigger than the posts. LOL

Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
guys.... In exactly the same way as you put a picture up, put that same code in your signature....

i.e.

http://location of your image just use the [ ] brackets instead of < > Insert that into your signature, and it should be sorted...

Just try to keep the depth of the sig to a minimum, i.e. not a load of lines of text and a sig, otherwise the sigs start to look bigger than the posts. LOL

Hope that helps.

I have been messing around trying to get this to work. Does it matter where the image is stored? as my images are on : C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\My Pictures.

do you keep it as or do you type the name of your image in?

for you to use that command you'll need to have the image on the next. Upload it into your gallery and you can take it from there for your signature pic. Just make sure it not big in size and memory.

Having created your photobucket account and uploaded your image do this ...

bucket-1.jpg

wow thats a good guide Dorian, never knew how to do that untill now..

just tried it though and the picture was that big it filled the screen :scare: quickly deleted :blush: will have to get some resizing done now (ie will have to wait untill one of my daughters gets home from school to show me how to do it !!)

Guest prescience

If the image is in a standard format and you're on Windows, surely you can just do a quick and dirty

Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint

Navigate to and open the image

Image menu->Stretch/Skew and type in a lower (but same to preserve aspect) percentage in horizontal and vertical boxes

Save (with a new name if you want to preserve the larger file)

Yep - paint is good enough to use for resizing pictures.

Just remember to save as JPG format to keep the file size down.

We try to aim for a maximum size of 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide, so as to ensure the posts aren't lost in a sea of images. (although they are nice images).

Yep - paint is good enough to use for resizing pictures.

Just remember to save as JPG format to keep the file size down.

We try to aim for a maximum size of 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide, so as to ensure the posts aren't lost in a sea of images. (although they are nice images).

Thanks Dorian , Chris , Mike for all the instruction ..managed it in the end :) a little squashed but will play around more when I get the time :thumbs:

Guys,

Sorry to go over old ground again, but I have added a line to the Signature section in "Edit Your Profile" but it has not appeared on my posts. Am I missing something obvious here?

Jim

Guys,

Sorry to go over old ground again, but I have added a line to the Signature section in "Edit Your Profile" but it has not appeared on my posts. Am I missing something obvious here?

Jim

clicked submit on bottom of page ??