350z Facelift Bumper Re-Spray

Tomm350z

So I've recently bought a black facelift bumper for my grey 06 350z with the intention of taking it to a body shop and getting it re-sprayed the correct colour. Is it true that you can't take out the front grill on these bumpers? If so will the body shop be able to mask up the grill and spray around it or am I better off waiting and trying to find a WV2 facelift bumper?

You could always get the grill itself painted to match? Though the black plastic bits that are attached to the grill can be removed can't they?

Did wonder this but I think I prefer the grills being black.

Not too sure if they can be removed as I haven't received the bumper yet to have a look, would make life much easier if they could be! But I've heard that to remove the grills you have to Dremel them off??

See below, black buts unclipped:

s-l640.jpg

Ahh brilliant ok, helps a lot thanks :) that bumpers not for sale by any chance? Turns out the one I was going to buy is damaged so I've been given a full refund - just can't find any others for sale

Edited by Tomm350z

You are leaving the car there to have the bumper fitted and not just the bumper aren't you, as you'll have no come back if the colour match isn't right. What's wrong with your original, not repairable ?

Yeah I'll have to put the bumper on and take it over there for them to properly colour match it. Bought the car as a Cat D write off with the intention of fixing it up myself.. it had no bumper when I bought it hence why I was trying to find a new one

• Like 1