Bluetooth Adapter - Advice needed

DeeJayDready

My 2007 350Z GT came with one of these Bluetooth Adapters fitted in the phone socket inside the central cubby (behind the handbrake). While I am able to pair my iPhone 7 to it ok (named 'Nissan 350Z'), when I make a phone call, I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. The two phone buttons on the steering wheel appear to have no effect either.

For info, the car has a Sony WX-GT90BT stereo fitted. It also came with the OEM Bose stereo in a spares box.

So I suppose my first questions are:

Where is the Microphone for this device located in the vehicle?

When working correctly, is the sound meant to come out of the Bose speakers (for the stereo) in the doors, behind the seats etc?

IMG_4691_zpsikaa6niv.jpg

• 4 months later...

So the resolve for this was to just ignore the Bluetooth Adapter all together (not 'pair' to it) and just sort out the microphone situation with the Sony stereo (which it turns out had just been shoved in behind the stereo head unit by the previous owner) and run it up inside the trim of the driver-side A-pillar. This means that the cars in-built microphone (behind rear view mirror) is not being used and the buttons on the steering wheel do not function as these both work with the Bluetooth Adapter. But I can now make and receive calls (using the interface on the stereo), which is the main thing I suppose. Apparently by adding something called a 'unika box' I could possibly get the two steering wheel buttons working with the stereo, but it sounds like a bit of a dodgy fix so am inclined to leave it... If anyone knows anything about these (or an alternative) though, please let me know.