2007 bonnet style and engine

Nikster

It's not really the extra HP that makes the HR it's the extra 500rpm. The HR is a heavier car so any HP gains are negated. It's the dipstick position that makes it a winner for me :)

On the subject, whats the best upgrades that the HR has? Higher redline. Is the engine easier to get power from n/a?

• Like 1

Doesn't really need a plenum spacer as the dual intakes force the air where it needs to go. A definite for DE engines though as the plenum slopes forward restricting air to the front cylinders. All is subjective though as some HR,s struggle get quoted 313 even with mods. All depends on how healthy the engine is.

• Like 1

I've never seen an accurate dyno in my life. They are only good to measure gains rather than give a true HP result.

I have a DE an early one, I've had all the usual mods done plus an uprev. Dyno had me 281 before uprev and 316 after the plenum and air box plus a service new plugs etc were done. Not to bad really. She has berk HFC and a miltek. I've noticed looking various readouts on here the DE has better torque over the HR generally but saying that I've seen HR with mods passing 330 and with a higher rev limit makes it a superb gain.

• Like 1

I don't have much faith in dyno figures, or some tuners to be fair. There is one that is well known up my way, who tuned my old car and gave me quite an impressive figure on the day. I went back months later with some modifications that needed a map tweak. Along with a new private plate I might add.

The guy recognised me, but i guess he couldnt get the details of my car up because of the plate and practically outright refused to give me my new figure until I told him my previous reg.

From that day forward I haven't cared what a dyno says..

• 2 weeks later...

I believe 'spec' oil consumption is 1l per 1k miles, and my 07 RevUp uses less than that, but not by a huge amount.

I've put 50k miles on mine, bought it at 80k, never skipped a beat. By far the most reliable car I've owned, only had to replace tyres, brake discs and pads and a Y pipe.

Whatever you get, just check the oil regularly. High oil consumption is more common on a RevUp but any VQ can use more than you'd expect.