knocking noise drivers side front

greasyphil

Ive had my 03 fairlady for 3 months, always had bonking noise when driving along bumpy roads, replaced drop links, had suspension leg apart to check the shock, even lubricated the sliding part of the caliper,got a friend to lever the wheel up and down with a length of 3x2, checked all rubber bushes, all looked ok. decided last week to book it in for MOT at my local garage, told tester about clonking noise, car past its MOT no fault found. decided to have another look today, must have had the front wheel of 6 times. having a really good look and lever around i noticed a grease nipple which supplies grease to the lower rear track control arm, its only accessible by turning hard lock, gave it a good clean off and 6 pumps with the grease gun. took the Z for drive the knock has almost gone, only noticeable if you listen for it, guess there must be some play in that ball joint. i can find nothing on the web about that grease nipple only fitted to Jap imports?