Nismo V2 bumper

Genocider

Hi guys! I hope it's right place to ask...if not, sorry - I couldn't find a better place.

Basically, I crave for nismo V2 front bumper and I found out that VIS replicas have a descent fitment; yet, they're mostly available in US and I'm not really into paying $500 for the shipping and then pay also for the custom duty.

Is there a brand that is available in EU and is worth buying? Could you recommend anything ?

Thanks in advance!

You might be able to get one in Poland, there are two ebay stores that sell 350z body parts out of Poland, but I checked and they don't currently have a V2, might be worth asking them?

Here's one...

http://stores.ebay.c...&_sid=412509574

And here's another...

http://stores.ebay.c..._sid=1280911176

Failing that, there is a vendor on the forum, RT-Performance who definitely has them in stock. Delivery is expensive, about 150e if I remember correctly, but no customs! Here's RT's ebay store...look about halfway down. I understand he only keeps parts that fit properly, but don't expect OEM fitment first try. ;)

http://stores.ebay.c...fsub=2326636014

From there, it'll run you about 420e delivered, which isn't bad. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

Thanks for a swift answer :D

I've been thinking about this vendor --> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nismo-V2-Style-Front-Bumper-for-Nissan-350z-2003-2009-fibreglass-BEST-FITTING-/252794729811

But, as far as I'm concerned, the badge indentation is not present :(

However, if I don't find anything better and you claim that the fitment is fine, then, I will probably go for it

Yeh, it's going to be tough to tick every box. Personally, I'm looking forward to getting rid of the badge. :lol:

I don't 'claim' the fitment is fine, I have no experience except what I read on this forum, which is very positive. I would order from them without hesitation, that's all I'm saying. Shoot Taras a PM, he's a friendly helpful guy, maybe he can get you one with the badge indent :) - taras@RT-Performance

Note that is a FORUM PM address, not an email address. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

I understand he only keeps parts that fit properly

Seems like i am trolling you today, lol, i am not.

RT themselves allow 2 days to fit and paint a bumper (not something they tell you when you buy ;) ), i am not sure that can be classed as parts that fit properly and that is speaking from experience of buying an RT chargespeed :)

Edited by Jetpilot

RT themselves allow 2 days to fit and paint a bumper (not something they tell you when you buy ;) ), i am not sure that can be classed as parts that fit properly and that is speaking from experience of buying an RT chargespeed :)

Not at all, I'm still just an enthusiastic newbie in this community, troll on!! Thanks for the heads up, I had up to now not heard anything negative about RT. 2 days to report a problem is both unreasonable AND illegal. :)

I take it that the bumper didn't fit very well? It's interesting because a chargespeed rear and v1 front are high on my wishlist and I would have bought them from there.

Check

em-power.it

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

That's the second time you've given me an epic eu shop link. They stock the vented wings!! :O :O :O :O

I owe you a beer. ;)

Check

em-power.it

That's the second time you've given me an epic eu shop link. They stock the vented wings!! :O :O :O :O

I owe you a beer. ;)

I have a mental condition when it comes sourcing JDM parts. In Croatia JDM scene is not so popular so you really need to do your homework where to source things.

Although the No1 Europe's Honda NSX is coming from Croatia. At least it was woted like that I forgot in Belgium or France couple of years ago at NSX meet

Not at all, I'm still just an enthusiastic newbie in this community, troll on!! Thanks for the heads up, I had up to now not heard anything negative about RT. 2 days to report a problem is both unreasonable AND illegal. :)

I take it that the bumper didn't fit very well? It's interesting because a chargespeed rear and v1 front are high on my wishlist and I would have bought them from there.

So when you order the bumper from RT they do not mention if they fit and paint they allow two days, i went on what seems to the majority feeling on here that RT make good replicas, well imho, if your allowing two days to fit and paint, 16 hours of work, that does not suggest good fitment to me, had i been aware at of this at the time of purchase i wouldnt havent proceeded and just bought an original Chargespeed and ended up paying the same cost all done.

I did make reference of quality to RT and basically felt i was *****ng into the wind with derogatory comments questioning the calibre of my chosen bodyshop, described as a "crash repair centre" even they had no knowledge of who was actually carrying out the work (a guy who has built many a show car), the fact rt had not even handled or seen the bumper (it was made and sent directly from their manufacturer) all suggested they had no interest in the fact i was unhappy with my purchase.

All this said, they are better than most, but i feel anyone purchasing looking for simple fit and paint with no more than a little lining up, skim of filler here and there will be dissatisfied, so long as you know what to expect, you will be pleased with the final result.

Edited by Jetpilot

Is 2 days not kind of normal for fitting a fibreglass bumper? By the time the original is removed, new one offered up, holes drilled/cut, areas masked up, filler set, sanding and prep done, paint booth set up, painted cured, put back together, clean up, polished etc etc. For OEM parts i would expect it to take a full day, drop off in the morning and pick it up the next afternoon.

Am I being too lenient? :shrug:

Maybe not at all mate, but lets consider to prep and paint an oem (remove/refit etc) would be circa £200, 3 x times that is excessive imho and something that should be made clear at the start, i had a mounting point that was an inch and half short from where it should mount, having to drill holes into the body itself where the original cs slides into the oem fixings, no mounting at all for the number plate light and boot release, literally having to tigerseal it in place, issues of the extra thickness from being a mould of a mould, i personally dont consider that good quality or certainly not the quality they are made out be, least of all rt's borderline rude attitude and late to the party info that they allow two days to fit and paint, if they know they allow two days to fit and paint, why not say on the adverts, simply because they know sales would drop.

Maybe not at all mate, but lets consider to prep and paint an oem (remove/refit etc) would be circa £200, 3 x times that is excessive imho and something that should be made clear at the start, i had a mounting point that was an inch and half short from where it should mount, having to drill holes into the body itself where the original cs slides into the oem fixings, no mounting at all for the number plate light and boot release, literally having to tigerseal it in place, issues of the extra thickness from being a mould of a mould, i personally dont consider that good quality or certainly not the quality they are made out be, least of all rt's borderline rude attitude and late to the party info that they allow two days to fit and paint, if they know they allow two days to fit and paint, why not say on the adverts, simply because they know sales would drop.

£600 to fit is ridiculous! Sounds like it was a right dog.

Hm...ok, cheers for the info. Basically, as far as replicas go though, as you say, there won't be many places offering a better package overall, these kinds of issues seem to be par for the course on the replica stuff.

Its a lottery as has been discussed before, how long has the mould been kicking around/used, whats the quality control like, lay up, was it removed from the mould too quickly etc etc

If i was you i would just be patient and wait for a 2nd original that will be as close to oem as you are ever likely to get :)

Its a tough one isn't it? I do have one advantage though, body work is cheap here, cos everyone's still doing it, lots of master crafts are economical and done well here, because we aren't yet a throwaway society and there's lots of competition. I have until mid July to think about it anyway.

Edited by Aashenfox