Screenwash: working but useless. Non return valve is fine.

Bagz

Hi all,

I'm aware that it can be problematic but mine really is pathetic.

The headlight wash is foamy and enthusiastic, I know because it covers the front of the car and beyond.

The window washers are useless, as per the picture below (this is in full flow). I get pathetic flow and no foam.

wipers

I've checked the non-return valve and replaced it just in case. It made no difference.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Bagz

Shouldn't foam really, that just indicates unnecessary air or a poor mix of detergent I'd say.

Hard to tell from a static pic how bad yours are, however I would also try unblocking the nozzles (just in case), adjusting the angle of them, and then you can always pop the hose off and test into a bucket to make sure the pump is working properly.

Thanks folks, so it sounds like dribbling is normal. It's the only car I've ever driven which didn't cover the arc with a mist of washer fluid(possibly a better description than foam). I'll try a straight-through connector for comparison. Then a wire-brush bristle in the jets.

I can't believe that this is as-designed!

Don't most cars have the jets mounted at the bottom of the windscreen / on the bonnet which spray up and cover everything. On the Z they are inside the wipers so don't need to blast out.

In theory, this might work. In practice it's dreadful!

You'd assume they tested it.