Brake "twang" under heavy braking.

Science_GT

Looked back a bit and couldn't see anything on the forum apart from something on the American forum about the ABS sensor. Had a complete brake disc & pad change all round (mtec & yellow stuff) including braided lines. Under hard braking when coming to a halt. Doesn't seem to affect braking but obviously can't be right. Any ideas?

It could be that one of the slider pins or padd plate (I dont know the technical name, but its the piece of metal that sits above the padd under each pin under tension) isnt seated correctly, causing movement when braking. I found that when I reassembled my calipers that id positioned it incorrectly. Easy job to sit there and reassemble everything ☺

It could be that one of the slider pins or padd plate (I dont know the technical name, but its the piece of metal that sits above the padd under each pin under tension) isnt seated correctly, causing movement when braking. I found that when I reassembled my calipers that id positioned it incorrectly. Easy job to sit there and reassemble everything ☺

Yeah it sounds like a thin piece of metal twanging so you could be right. I'll take them apart when I get some free time. Fingers crossed.