Just failed MOT...

spike4real

Hi all,

My zed has just failed its MOT :( The driverside lower front arm bushes are worn pretty badly which appears to be quite common. Does anyone know of a garages in or around Birmingham that can replace the bushes if I buy a new set? I hear the SuperPros set is the one to go for?

Cheers

Dan.

SupePro poly all the way mate, I went for the increased castor ones and very pleased with them. And don't go buying the £250 arms the £60 jobs are spot on as it's as basic a ball joint as you can get. I did both mine and then hammered the pants off her for 3000 + miles in two weeks through the Alpes taking 7 of the top ten Alpine passes. Not to mention the daily commute and mad country road runs out since. I would suggest as above get new arms, if your going to the expence of SuperPro bushing fit them to mew arms. If the old bushing has been gone a while it may have put the existing ball joints under a bit more stress. You wouldn't want to fit SurperPro bushes to old arms and a month later have the ball joint go down.

Edited by Spoons

• 4 weeks later...

SupePro poly all the way mate, I went for the increased castor ones and very pleased with them. And don't go buying the £250 arms the £60 jobs are spot on as it's as basic a ball joint as you can get. I did both mine and then hammered the pants off her for 3000 + miles in two weeks through the Alpes taking 7 of the top ten Alpine passes. Not to mention the daily commute and mad country road runs out since. I would suggest as above get new arms, if your going to the expence of SuperPro bushing fit them to mew arms. If the old bushing has been gone a while it may have put the existing ball joints under a bit more stress. You wouldn't want to fit SurperPro bushes to old arms and a month later have the ball joint go down.

I take you mean the £60 chinese ebay arms? We had super-pro bushes fall straight through those as the hole was machined too big, some are ok and some are hopeless , you pays your money and you take your chance

I take you mean the £60 chinese ebay arms? We had super-pro bushes fall straight through those as the hole was machined too big, some are ok and some are hopeless , you pays your money and you take your chance

As stated in my post found them on Ebay being supplied by a local parts dealers in town 3 miles where I live. They come with 12 months warranty and for the sake of a basic ball joint that cost pence on one end, and a pressed rubber bush that cost less on the other. If folks have more money than sense crack on. I press removed and press fit the Super Pro bushes with the 15 tone press, fitment was spot on. They have done 7 thousand miles, 3 thousand of which were been hammered around the Alpes. I replaced bother arms and both are bang on. That's my experience and can replace 4 arms to the price of 1 over priced one should I need. The quality was bang on and the price makes sense for what your buying. I had no fear the bushing would stay put due to the fitment and forces required. I don't skimp on parts or cost just make judgment calls based on what's infront of me and in my hand. As an engineer I understand what I'm looking at, I can't pass comment on other people's fitment problems.
  • Like 1