Any football fans?

macca

Holy crap.

I know they wouldn't show replaays on TV as it was severe but that is shocking!

He shouldn't play the rest of the season minimum and he should be fined a HUGE amount. Minimum 6 months wages. Make an example out of him.

I'm assuming it was malicious, I didn't see the tackle. If it wasn't malicious then I actually feel sorry for both of them.

Shouldnt be any punishment other than the 3 match ban IMO.......it wasnt mailicious in the slightest and if you start punishing people for strong challenges then it will ruin the game!

Yes it was late and clumsy but it wasnt anywhere near what Roy Keane did to Haaland a while back.

I'm a Man Utd fan so maybe slightly biased but I wouldnt wish that on anyone!

Dont think it was melicious, just a badly judged tackle. They have a good system in the French U21 sides, a friend of mine nephew fell foul of it. He broke a guys leg with a questionable tackle and coulnt play a competative match until the other guy was fit and playing.

Looks awful though, reminds me of Cisse at Liverpool which they did show :wacko:

While I don't think it was malicious in any way IMO it is worth of a slightly longer ban - Why - if you watch the video EVEN if the ball had would not have got it as he would have gone over it. Some have said it was a clumsy tackle which it probably was but if you are being that clumsy then you should not be playing, specially at that level.

This is the sort of tackle that really needs to be banished from the game.

All that said the most important thing is Eduardos recovery - one of the best young talents in the world - his national record speaks for itself and even this season he managed 12 goals and he has only just got used to the English game.

Such a shame he is going to miss the Euro 2008 comp as he could well have been one of the best players there.

No ban other than what he will get for the red card. His foot was higher as Eduardo flicked the ball away and he was genuinely going for the ball - he was also going from a standing start so it isn't his momentum that has caused the injury as such. I feel sorry for Eduardo but in physical contact sports this can and will happen. It is awful but every contact sport is the same and I think because of our pansy Premier league we all forget it is actually a mans contact sport.

I hope Eduardo fully recovers and that Taylor can get on with his career.