New Exhaust Setup - Error

Dman05

Hi Guys,

New member, long time follower.

Recently I had wanted a louder exhaust as I found it way too quiet before. I wanted something that will bring the engine note through so you can hear it much more in the higher rev range. Yesterday I put test pipes from the manifold all the way to 2 small back boxes (1 on each exit), and OMG this is loud, far too loud, anyone who is looking to decat... It's really loud!! :headhurt:

Anyway I have booked the car in to have cats put back on to take the noise down a notch. Does anyone have a setup that they could comment on how loud and what kind of sound they are getting out of a system that has: Stock manifold - Stock Cats - Aftermarket Y pipe - Aftermarket Straight Pipe - 2x Back Box Exit?

Thanks for any help! :D

I had an ARK GRiP cat back (so stock cats) and it was a louder and nicer tone than a standard exhaust but also an easy volume to live with on a daily basis for all kinds of driving. It's a 'true dual' system and also has resonators near the exit.

0fecd12186cfedcc7cb23316b8a1f825.jpg

I have had ART test pipes recently installed which are resonated and while the volume is now louder it still isnt ear bleeding loud.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great thanks for the feedback, I think this set up will be exactly what I want. I had a custom system stock cats with mid box before and whilst it sounded good, it wasn't loud enough. Now that the mid box is out and cats going back in I'm guessing this will be the in between?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Stillen cat back system (inc Y-Pipe) and its really OAP at low revs with just a hint of 'something' on idle but with some foot prodding it all gets rather interesting for the ear. The ARK Grip true dual looks 3million times better of course if you like the true jap slash look like i do, but the Stillen was on this when i bought it.