zunsport grill fitment. no instructions.

LDUNKZ18

bought a zunsport grill over xmas for my 350, pre facelift. just getting round to fitting it now. the two small screws clearly go into where the tow eye bit is but the 4 big screws for the sides don't line up to anything.. do they go in at an angle? cause if they do then it must be one hell of an angle. i'd rather not use tiestraps.

I get what you're saying and it does seem strange but just drive the screws in and they'll find their way to the right place ... make sure you don't scratch the paint on the lower bumper when you offer the grille up ... it's best to have 2 pairs of hands

Edited by ATTAK Z

its stupid though! i'm thinking of i line it up right i could cut the original grill behind the zun one and fold tabs down for the screws to go into, maybe some very small tiestraps on it too. maybe harder getting screws in at an angle cause i have the bumper off

so with my bumper being off is the issue?

I wouldn't have thought that was the issue as all the plastic parts should be still attached to the bumper.

Personally I found the fitment confusing even with the instructions as I too couldn't see anywhere the four long screws would fit to nicely. The centre ones I pre-drilled and put those in with no issues.

In the end I thought the best way to fit mine was by using black cable ties which honestly weren't even noticeable for the most part. Judge for yourself below....

117_zpsea846963.jpg

:thumbs:

Looks good! yeah strange idea with the position of the screw holes. will sort something out, need it fitted before the bumper goes on as ive got my splitter to fit too

Yep thanks and that was fitted with a cable tie in each corner (x4) and the two screws in the middle. ;)

• Like 1