Looking for a new Z....

BigPoch

Hi Guys,

I've mentioned this car in another thread and got some helpful advice and replies but still need some reassurance like a pussy. I'm interested in this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Nissan-350Z-GT-300-Bose-Rays-Alloys-Fantastic-Example-PX-Finance-Available-/322397061817?hash=item4b105cc2b9:g:TEsAAOSw241YjLnt

Its a 2007 but with the DE engine as produced in Jan i believe. It's got a FSH and i drove it, didn't hear or feel any issues with the car. Get 3 months warranty, HPI clear, and a 2 year old Nissan stock exhaust. I've got the price down to 7200 and was advised to look for a HR engine in the same price range but just can't find one!

Do you guys think it's an alright deal? I know the HR is a "better" engine but is it worth the extra money?

Thanks for your help

Mileage isn't as important as condition, but mileage does give an indication of what may go wrong soon. Personally I'd stump up the extra £2k for an HR (and I did). Engine is much smoother and more refined, not to mention stronger, should you ever wish to boost. If £7.2 is absolute top end for you, then the revup is definitely the way to go, the interior is so much better than the early DEs.

I paid £9k for a 60k HR about a year ago, for reference.

Having had a brief look on autotrader, for £7-8k there seem to be lower mileage HRs than that revup...

• Like 1

The only major plus of the HR for me was the position of the dipstick :) The interior of the facelifted cars isn't really that much better either, some faux silver around the twist knobs and better looking door cards, yeah great! It certainly wasn't enough for me to stump up the extra cash needed at the time. The money saved has gone into making the DE I bought instead a nicer car through mods.

I will always buy on condition, dealers as stated will always have a mark up. Mind you at that price I would want a much better warranty included.