Consumable Wear Rates

WillisRR

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question regarding consumable wear when using the 350z on track...

Obviously this depends on the tyre and brake choice, and not forgetting individual driving style but does anyone have any experience with AD08Rs and EBC Orange stuff pads on a 350z in particular?

The Orange stuff are now in their second gen as the first gen wore too quickly and the AD08Rs I have had on other cars have lasted very well.... but these cars have all been much lighter than a 350z.

I have two track days and a 10 day trip to Nurburgring coming up and don't want to be a few days in to the Nur trip and realise i have toasted a set of pads (although i will be taking spare set of back up pads just in case)!

I did turn a set of oem spec pads into charcoal in 3 sessions at blyton a few weeks ago haha!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by WillisRR

Depends on how hard you are on the brakes, really. I'm very light, others are very heavy.

Never used the Orange myself, I have tried the Yellows on track and they would easy stand up to a few days worth of abuse. I'd expect the Orange to be even better tbh, and really it's the fluid you need to be more worried about than the pads falling apart: It's very easy to overheat the fluid on a 350, especially if you're hard on the brakes (or if you're not: On a proper TD at the Ring I boiled mine, and the Ring isn't hard on brakes at all). I'm very surprised you killed a set of OEM pads in just three sessions, are you using very aggressive discs?

Personally I'd be running ATE 200 fluid as minimum, plus braided lines and whatever choice of vented disc you fancy.

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, I guess there is only one way to find out!!

Haha can't believe you just said that! Currently mocking up some template air duct chambers to be housed where the reflectors normally sit on the front bumper :D .

Edited by WillisRR
  • Like 1

Depends on how hard you are on the brakes, really. I'm very light, others are very heavy.

Never used the Orange myself, I have tried the Yellows on track and they would easy stand up to a few days worth of abuse. I'd expect the Orange to be even better tbh, and really it's the fluid you need to be more worried about than the pads falling apart: It's very easy to overheat the fluid on a 350, especially if you're hard on the brakes (or if you're not: On a proper TD at the Ring I boiled mine, and the Ring isn't hard on brakes at all). I'm very surprised you killed a set of OEM pads in just three sessions, are you using very aggressive discs?

Personally I'd be running ATE 200 fluid as minimum, plus braided lines and whatever choice of vented disc you fancy.

Thanks Dan, Sure thing, ATE 200 fluid and braided lines are used on all my track cars inc 350Z :). Got new High Carbon Brembo discs all round now too.

Yeah it was the day after i bought the 350z and I didn't expect them to last well but after 3 sessions i was shocked. Blyton Park is very hard on brakes though.

At least i have a few UK track days to gauge from!

Edited by WillisRR
  • Like 1