Ultra Glaze

martybhoy

My only tip for your technique is that the pad doesn't look to be quite flat on the surface (looks like you're applying more pressure on the front of the machine than the back there), so maybe just something to be conscious of next time you're using it. :thumbs:

I am a big fan of AF Ultra Glaze, easily one of the best glazes on the market in my opinion.

• Like 1

My only tip for your technique is that the pad doesn't look to be quite flat on the surface (looks like you're applying more pressure on the front of the machine than the back there), so maybe just something to be conscious of next time you're using it. :thumbs:

I am a big fan of AF Ultra Glaze, easily one of the best glazes on the market in my opinion.

Point taken, now that I watch it, I notice it now. Thanks ðŸ‘

Yeah I have been looking for something that would give the paint a nice depth to the black and it seems to be doing the job.

I only tested it on the bootlid for this vid. Does a glaze require a sealant on top? I finished off with a quick coat but I've never used a glaze before to be sure.

I only tested it on the bootlid for this vid. Does a glaze require a sealant on top? I finished off with a quick coat but I've never used a glaze before to be sure.

It does really, yes. Ultra Glaze will just wash off it's not topped with an LSP. Being an oily glaze it works best being topped with a wax, but some sealants will also work (albeit resulting in a slightly reduced durability compared to applying to bare paint). The only exception being solvent heavy sealants, as the solvents will strip the underlying glaze.

• Like 1

It does really, yes. Ultra Glaze will just wash off it's not topped with an LSP. Being an oily glaze it works best being topped with a wax, but some sealants will also work (albeit resulting in a slightly reduced durability compared to applying to bare paint). The only exception being solvent heavy sealants, as the solvents will strip the underlying glaze.

As always ilogial1 you've been a fountain of knowledge when it comes to anything detailing related.

It's quite an addictive hobby when you get started and there's clearly tonnes to learn.

• Like 1