Anyone Know What these are Called?

Erni902

Evening guys,

I have a quick question:

Does anyone have any idea what the below hose clamps are called??

327854d1322103258-coolant-hose-clamps-dress-up-recommendations-2010_0612strutbar0003.jpg

I have never seen these before until I bought my Zed and someone has installed these instead of jubilee clips/mikalor clamps etc.

Reason I ask is that I have no idea how the hell they come off. The hose coming off the PCV valve simply slides off with no effort really needed. But the ones on my top radiator hose do not seem to come off. (Well better that than the other way round I spose)

It seems from the above picture they must unscrew using the relevant tools but my car never came with any such tools for these clamps. I am therefore buggered if I need to change any of the hoses, which I am wanting to do. Issue being there are quite alot of hoses in my engine bay with these clamps :(

If someone can shed some light as to the right name for these damned things then at least I know what to search for when looking for the tools. At the moment Im searching blind and coming up with nothing but this picture :(

Thanks in advance

Thise are Python or Pi-thon clamps and work like a compression fitting found in watercooling systems for PCs (my only personal experience with comp fittings, sure there are more applications)

But sadly the conpany in the USA that made the Pyrhon clamps seems to have gone out of business.

Cheers for the replies guys. Not had my mole grips with me but once I do I shall give them ago. Nice to know that I have something that doesnt exist anymore haha. Im looking to replace most of the hoses anyway so will grab a ton of new clips at the same time.