polyurethane bushes complete set

andybp

Just got all of the polyurethane bushes for my Z today I had a look around the forum to see what bushes I might encounter problems with but couldn't find much couldn't find anyone changing them all

maybe I didn't look hard enough :blush:

so I'll try to document the whole lot. The rear bushes may be a bit rushed as I have my MOT on march 5th and one of the rears is completely shot so won't pass just hope it doesn't snow as I have to work outside

oh and i'm going to put off the diff mounting bushes until summer cos they look like a right pig to do

so this is the complete set quality looks good the inside of the bushes have a knurled surface similar to the super pro to help retain the grease and reduce friction

20170106_165550_HDR_zpsbionuvzt.jpg

2 x 281719B Front anti roll bar bush

2 x 281720B Front lower inner arm bush

2 x 281721B Front lower outer arm bush

2 x 281722B Front radius arm bush

4 x 281723B Front upper arm bush

2 x 281724B Rear trailing arm front bush

2 x 281725B Rear trailing arm rear bush

2 x 281726A Rear lower link inner bush SPORT

2 x 281727B Rear lower link outer bush

2 x 281728A Rear lower arm inner bush SPORT

4 x 281729B Rear suspension bus

4 x 281730B Rear upper arm bush

2 x 281731B Rear anti roll bar bush

2 x 281732B Rear beam front bush

2 x 281733B Rear beam rear bush

2 x 281734B Rear diff mount - front bush

1 x 281735B Rear diff mount - rear bush

also includes silicone grease

I won't get started on this for a couple of weeks as I have other stuff to do so don't expect any updates till then.

:)

• Like 2

Very interested in doing this at some point so will keep an eye out for your threads regarding these. Could you supply more info about the kit please? Where they are from and at what cost etc.

Cheers buddy

http://www.strongfle...ml#.WHC1wBuLSUl

Thought i'd risk these as they come with a lifetime warranty

:)

Edited by andybp
  • Like 1

You didn't look hard enough Andy, did all of mine (except the diff) when I rebuilt it it's in my build thread somewhere :wacko:

Have fun doing that lot though and keep us informed :thumbs:

maybe i just need to learn how to search the forum properly i cant even find your build thread :blush:
  • Like 1

You didn't look hard enough Andy, did all of mine (except the diff) when I rebuilt it it's in my build thread somewhere :wacko:

Have fun doing that lot though and keep us informed :thumbs:

maybe i just need to learn how to search the forum properly i cant even find your build thread :blush:

Here ya go 81 pages of it that should keep you indoors for an hour or two if you read it :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/52481-project-zee-business-update-25th-july/

• Like 1

I'm sure it's mentioned in the 81 pager, but when fitting polybushes, you ideally need to ream them so that they fit the collars with as close to zero friction as possible. Then, once fitted, you need to make sure the lugs aren't clamping them.

All of this amounts to sticktion which you don't get with metallastic bushes. The worst thing about stciktion is when you go and get your car geo'ed.

• Like 1