This oil consumption issue.

mr v6

I did an oil change on the Z on 9/10/16 & have covered about 2000 miles since. I filled up the oil till it was bang on the max mark on the dipstick. I did

to my dipstick prior to this & I have to say for me it's made reading the oil level so much easier. But I don't seem to be experiencing any high oil consumption. I'm not complaining at all, it was just everything I was reading lead you to believe you needed to top up in silly amounts very often.

Is this down to the characteristic of each engine & depending on how well it's been looked after?

Some say oil consumption is a function of fuel grade on a DE engine ... always use super unleaded

There is no science behind that to be fair. You'll use oil if you don't have a good seal between rings and bore, valve stem seals worn, sump/rocker cover gasket failure/puncture.

If you were getting detonation, you'd probably use less oil as piston temps would be higher and ring gap would reduce!

Some say oil consumption is a function of fuel grade on a DE engine ... always use super unleaded

There is no science behind that to be fair. You'll use oil if you don't have a good seal between rings and bore, valve stem seals worn, sump/rocker cover gasket failure/puncture.

If you were getting detonation, you'd probably use less oil as piston temps would be higher and ring gap would reduce!

I bow to your superior knowledge