Differential bushings and oil

zelda

No, but the diff will have to be removed to fit the bushings, so as long as you leave the stubbies in place you will not lose any fluid.

good to know as I've already changed my diff oil and it's not cheap and I plan on doing the bushes in january.

Zelda if you do it before me get some pictures up and maybe a little write up not sure when i'll get mine done as i'm replacing all my bushes with poly and have to do it outside so it's weather dependent

:)

I took my car down to Kaizer Motors to get the diff bushings done, technically it's not tricky but you certainly need some muscle, patience, a press and an air saw !

:lol:

Couple of ways if you weren't aware (the 'ears' are easy but the sub-frame one isn't quite as):

OR

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/495887-diy-solid-diff-bushing-install-no-subframe-drop-method-no-c-clamp-either.html

Edited by RobPhoboS

I took my car down to Kaizer Motors to get the diff bushings done, technically it's not tricky but you certainly need some muscle, patience, a press and an air saw !

:lol:

Couple of ways if you weren't aware (the 'ears' are easy but the sub-frame one isn't quite as):

OR

http://my350z.com/fo...amp-either.html

Yea looks like fun I think I'll do the other bushes first and leave those until summer ;)

:)