Single Exits - Are they all absolutely deafening?

Rook

I currently have a resonated Cobra cat-back but am back to wanting a single exit again. When I was originally in the market it wasn't something I could sensibly justify since most of them are £800+, but I'm feeling a little... Friskier now.

I should also preface by saying the first aftermarket exhaust I bought was the ISR single exit and it wasn't for me. Won't go into why, but it went back.

So what am I looking for:

- More volume. Quite a lot more is fine but I'm mostly looking to retain quality of sound, I don't want anything that sounds like a huge fart of bees in a tin can. I don't particularly want something that'll make the neighbours hate me every time I leave the house at 6am, however...

- I can live with more drone than the Cobra Res introduces, because it doesn't really introduce any. I spend most of my life on the motorway though. It seems a lot of single exit manufacturers swear their exhausts aren't droney but I defer to you guys on that really...

- Light is good but that's all of them.

- A new Y-Pipe, but don't really wanna spend the money on a Stillen. It's a daily, a new Y-pipe just needs to work.

The options seem to be...

Agency Power

- Definitely louder, seems to be ridiculously so, though. 'Racing sound' usually means 'everyone within earshot will hate you', and the YouTube videos appear to support this haha.

- Claims not to drone

- Claims to be light

- Doesn't seem to be an option to get a Y-Pipe with it.

Not huge on the colour but could live with it.

Tomei

- Again, definitely louder but seems to be 'racing sound' again.

- Claims not to drone

- Claims to be very light indeed

- Does seem to have a Y-Pipe option but I can't find it or get a feel for cost :/

AAM

- Seems to be loud but I haven't seen anyone describe it as being quite a loud as the other two. The videos don't sound ridiculous, and I like the tone that seems to be coming through.

- Claims not to drone

- Claims to be light

- Again, seems to have a y-pipe options but I haven't found a price

Also seems to be available without silly coloured tail.

So I'm leaning toward AAM at this stage, is my comparison fair? Anyone experience of the above?

i love my isr, im not a huge fan of a extremely loud exhaust. i tend to do long journeys when i do use the 350 so like how its subtle and doesnt make ur ears bleed but when you kick hell out of the car it sounds great. i also have berks hfc's and a stillen y pipe with mine.

Apart from being on the quiet side we had some fitment issues. A lot of people seemed to be fine, but some were having problems with the resonator in the mid pipe hitting the prop shaft or not having enough clearance, and people have been denying the resonator to get it to fit. Don't really wanna be bolting parts on that need denting to fit haha.

Seems to be a minority issue, but it's put me off trying again tbh.

• Like 1

my middle box on the isr was a nightmare to fit but as long as you keep the cats slack as much as you can and just tighten everything up bit by bit as you go, took me about 2 days to get it actually fitting right, i also places small bits of wood in between the box and prop to keep it gapped, once everything was tight i knocked them out and it luckily stayed where it was.

my middle box on the isr was a nightmare to fit but as long as you keep the cats slack as much as you can and just tighten everything up bit by bit as you go, took me about 2 days to get it actually fitting right, i also places small bits of wood in between the box and prop to keep it gapped, once everything was tight i knocked them out and it luckily stayed where it was.

thats odd mine bolted straight up we had it on in about half hour

thats odd mine bolted straight up we had it on in about half hour

alot of my issues were because the stillen y has no flexis so i have less to play with movement wise