A question for the Irish guy's

lomoto

Are all vehicles more expensive in Ireland ?

I ask as recently I have sold several Motorcycles there and now someone has just bought my work's van who also comes from Southern Ireland ..surely there cant be that much difference in price to make the trip over worthwhile ? :surrender:

In a word yes.

Most cars that are bought from the UK are of a higher spec then here so including the tax that has to be paid on import it works out cheaper.

The down side to the tax here is that I'll probably never own a GTR. You guys are expecting prices to around £55k to £60k (€79k). I'm expecting it to be in the region of €110k to €120k for the base model if it ever goes on sale here.

To top it off our VRT is going up in July and will be based on emissions rather then spec. So for a Z it'll be 36% instead of 30%. Also our road tax will be emission based. That means a Z bought registered after July will be €2000 a year. Mine will remain on €1500 for the life of the car. They claim it’ll be good for the environment. Bullshit. We don’t have Porsche fighting our corner.

Bikes are the same. Better model for same price. Commercial vehicles are taxed differently and are also cheaper in the UK if you find the right one.

In a word yes.

Most cars that are bought from the UK are of a higher spec then here so including the tax that has to be paid on import it works out cheaper.

The down side to the tax here is that I'll probably never own a GTR. You guys are expecting prices to around £55k to £60k (€79k). I'm expecting it to be in the region of €110k to €120k for the base model if it ever goes on sale here.

To top it off our VRT is going up in July and will be based on emissions rather then spec. So for a Z it'll be 36% instead of 30%. Also our road tax will be emission based. That means a Z bought registered after July will be €2000 a year. Mine will remain on €1500 for the life of the car. They claim it’ll be good for the environment. Bullshit. We don’t have Porsche fighting our corner.

Bikes are the same. Better model for same price. Commercial vehicles are taxed differently and are also cheaper in the UK if you find the right one.

Thanks for the info , I may have to concentrate a few more adverts in Ireland :)