No Rear Lights, No Illumination on Stereo or Wheel Controls

JimF

Right then! I swapped the rear numberplate bulbs, boot bulb and nap lights for LED bulbs. All worked. Today I realised I'd lost illumination for the standard stereo, the steering wheel cruise and radio controls, and also my rear lights. Any clues as to what's caused this? No fuses in the first two fuseboxes have blown. It was a bit too wet dark and late to check the third hidden one. Obviously I can replace the blown fuse, but has anyone got an idea what caused it to go in the first place? I'm not an idiot with cars so I'm surprised it's happened.

Did you disconnect your battery when swapping them light bulbs? Something similar happened to me once, but mine was issue with heated seat, power windows and central locking. I suspect somehow them LED bulbs managed to short circuit the electronics systems. Try disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if that solves it. For me previously, it only reset it for about 5-10 minutes then i went faulty again with same issues. I ended up going to Nissan dealership for a full electronic reset which solves the issue for good. Don't think there is a 'cheat code' that you can enter to your zed yourself to reset your electronics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...