New driving phenomena

TT350

No. I googled it too.

It's where you follow an ambulance through heavy traffic, letting the ambulance part the waves for you.

As seen in Die Hard 3. Think that was a fire truck though.

I always wondered if people ever did that (successfully) and how illegal it is (assuming the EV isn't breaking the speed limit)... you know... for science...

Edited by Strudul

I've 'used' the method once. But it wasn't in traffic. I just kept up with the ambulance. It was in the wee hours.

I guess the theory is the same in traffic. The ambulance will never pull over and confront you.

They will however, I presume, note your reg and report it.

Unless saving the city from a madman and his games!

I pulled over to the left, indicating, for an Ambluance using 'blues and twos' the other day, in a 30 zone. It passed, immediately followed by a speeding hatchback who then turned left into the side street immediately in front of me nearly taking my nose off!! :rant: Freakin' retard :angry: Driving standards these days are atrocious :(

I had a similar incident a while ago:

I'm driving on an A road and look in my rear view mirror to see an Ambulance approaching quickly (lights on & siren on/off periodically), so I indicate left & pull up on the verge.

The car behind me then slows, blasts their horn at me and gives me a stinking look while pulling out around my car almost forcing the approaching Ambulance into on coming traffic. I think the driver thought I was just pulling over in a stupid place to use my phone or something but how can you miss a bl**dy big Ambulance with blues & twos on?! :shrug:

Lot's of idiots on the road so you definitely have to keep your wits about you all the time.

Yea this was on an A road too. The A50 just through some lights, in a place where nobody stops (indicating left AFIK is standard practice for showing the emergency services you are giving way to them) I mean, for all this tw@ knew I was also going to turn left! Just rude, inconsiderate and downright dangerous driving.

• Like 1

Im afraid that there are a load of ignorant, impatient drivers these days. Sometimes if you are in the Zed, they seem to goad you into making a mistake. Car parks i find it especially when you just line up to reverse in a slot, some moron pulls right up behind you. Grr.

I like welsh cakes.