Sourcing Coil Packs?

shandy77

I've had my 2005 Z roadster since January 2016 and loving ownership apart from a random misfire which has come and gone over the months (seems worse as the weather has deteriorated)

Torque Pro gives me the random misfire code P0300 and I recently changed the plugs and I'm confident it's not a vacuum leak, everything points towards one or more coil packs on the blink.

Appreciate any advice on pin pointing the bad pack, I've read to watch for blistering, are there any other tell tell signs that a pack has gone bad?

Also where can I source a set of 6 from (other than 2nd hand from eBay). I'll phone the main dealer in the morning but I don't really want to remortgage the house.

Any help appreciated - this misfire is driving me mad, it's so intermittent. You'll hear the miss, exhaust popping, running terribly. Turn off, start again and everything is running sweetly.

Had this same problem but mine was a constant misfire due to a faulty fuel injector. Had the injector replaced as well as a coil pack and all new plugs and she was sorted. I bought a full set of coils so have some spare ones if you're in need.

PM us.

Thanks for the input, the misfire mysteriously cleared itself again. I pulled one bank of coil packs for inspection and can't see any visible signs that they are bad but not sure what I was expecting. However - I've managed to find 6x fresh ones from a low mileage car. Hopefully putting them in next week.

The Z will stay in the garage until then.

• 1 month later...