370 Oil Gallery Gasget Failure...By By Engine

Dicky

Tha gaskets have now been replaced along with some additional oil seals and O rings. Falcon Performance, ran by Steve and brother Dane, appear to have made a Proffessional job, which I am well pleased with. The job cost a little more than quoted but I had given instructions to replace anything that looked iffy, which they did. They kept all the parts removed and replaced the oil, filter, coolant etc.

The job took a bit longer than expected due mainly to the timeline chain cover which was well stuck on. However they absorbed the majority of the additional labour.

The most satisfying bit was that they fully believe that my decision to have the gaskets replaced was a good call (lucky I suppose) because they found that all of the gasket cover screws were just finger tight ! and would have given seriousness problems not much further down the road.

They have taken pics of the whole job and will send them on to me. I will post them as soon as I can figure out photobucket.

I have been told it's the case of those screws being finger tight in a lot of cases

Thanks for that! I'm glad you told me. Falcon guys weren't sure how it's happened nor me. I recently bought the car for my daughter and got the service history with it, nothing in the paperwork at all to indicate any work requiring the time chain cover to be removed. In any case I'd have thought a seller would want to promote something he'd had fixed prior to selling. It would be a selling point to me (saves me having it done!)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I want this done on my hr and spoke to my local nismo centre more because I was intrigued by what crazy price they would quote and my God I was shocked! only 5 hours labour @100ph +vat! and if I book it into them for the formal diagnosis I'd get it for free :)

20161210_172919_zpscownxvke.jpg

I'm doing mine myself at the moment

I did get a quote but I just can't afford to add it on to my build right now so with the help of friends and some great advice of people on here I've took the plunge

Haven't received any pics as yet but looks like your tearing along. Falcon told me the crank pulley was horsed up really tight and had a lot of trouble getting the timing chain cover off. They had to use heat at one point and blamed excessive liquid gasket material around it.

Once that's off though the hard works done. Good luck you'll save a bunch of dosh!

20161210_172919_zpscownxvke.jpg

I'm doing mine myself at the moment

I did get a quote but I just can't afford to add it on to my build right now so with the help of friends and some great advice of people on here I've took the plunge

Haven't received any pics as yet but looks like your tearing along. Falcon told me the crank pulley was horsed up really tight and had a lot of trouble getting the timing chain cover off. They had to use heat at one point and blamed excessive liquid gasket material around it.

Once that's off though the hard works done. Good luck you'll save a bunch of dosh!

yes i am expecting that to be a cow to get off i had prior warning :surrender:

cant wait to crack on and get it done and built back up

so i can do what i set out to do and get the supercharger on :D