rainsport 3 tread direction.

wilo

Don't remove the spigots, it's got nothing to do with them. I've had fairly slow over steer moments in the Zed before with decent 4-5mm Hankooks due to greasy roads, it happens us all, just take it easy until you get rid of the Nankangs and the RS3's are worn in a bit :)

mmmm the rear nankangs were fine before fitting the new RS3 tho with no slip unless giving it some with traction off ..might be the new RS3 needing to bed in as you say ...and okay im going to refit the spigots after iv used some wet and dry behind the 3 original rotas that were tight.

id prefer not having to pull the wheels onto the hubs via tightening the nuts .

never sanded powder coat before so hope wet&dry sandpaper does the job

They were fine up until this time when the roads are cold, possibly greasy etc, thats why you lost it. Says more about the conditions that the tyres.

Ref the spigots, did you fit them in the alloy or onto the hub before fitting the wheels?

yea i see your point ..the weather has changed rapidly since fitting them.

and i pushed the spiggots onto the wheel then placed the wheel on the hubs .

the brand new rota was easy ...the spigot just slid on and wheel went on easy flush to the hub with no effort.

the original 3 rotas were a different story.....i had to really push the spigots on holding one side on while i pushed the other side of the spigot to get them on the wheels.

then they wouldn't sit flush to the hubs so had to do the wheel lugs up a bit at a time (like when using a torque wrench) to pull the wheel flush to the hubs

Sure the repairs were done properly? Everything was re-aligned afterwards? Tyre pressures all ok? Bushes, Bearings, ARBs, Drop links all ok?

If you've hit something hard enough to properly destroy an alloy wheel you want to check everything else is ok too. Remember that it's more than just the wheel that was involved in the accident, it was the whole car.

Don't remove the spigots, it's got nothing to do with them. I've had fairly slow over steer moments in the Zed before with decent 4-5mm Hankooks due to greasy roads, it happens us all, just take it easy until you get rid of the Nankangs and the RS3's are worn in a bit :)

mmmm the rear nankangs were fine before fitting the new RS3 tho with no slip unless giving it some with traction off ..might be the new RS3 needing to bed in as you say ...and okay im going to refit the spigots after iv used some wet and dry behind the 3 original rotas that were tight.

They were fine up until this time when the roads are cold, possibly greasy etc, thats why you lost it. Says more about the conditions that the tyres.

Ref the spigots, did you fit them in the alloy or onto the hub before fitting the wheels?

the brand new rota was easy ...the spigot just slid on and wheel went on easy flush to the hub with no effort.

the original 3 rotas were a different story.....i had to really push the spigots on holding one side on while i pushed the other side of the spigot to get them on the wheels.

then they wouldn't sit flush to the hubs so had to do the wheel lugs up a bit at a time (like when using a torque wrench) to pull the wheel flush to the hubs

May have missed/forgot this, so none of the wheels had spigots? I guess it's possible that the 3 older wheels have been referred as you say, leading to thicker PC. Have you access to a vernier to accurately measure the diameter of the centre of the wheels?

Sure the repairs were done properly? Everything was re-aligned afterwards? Tyre pressures all ok? Bushes, Bearings, ARBs, Drop links all ok?

If you've hit something hard enough to properly destroy an alloy wheel you want to check everything else is ok too. Remember that it's more than just the wheel that was involved in the accident, it was the whole car.

as far as i and other people could see mate ...we checked suspension parts , arms etc ..bushes are seated correctly and nothing bent ....plus im sure the garage would of said if anything was remotely wrong so they could bleed more cash on repairs lol.

i will double check once iv got the wheels off again tho

May have missed/forgot this, so none of the wheels had spigots? I guess it's possible that the 3 older wheels have been referred as you say, leading to thicker PC. Have you access to a vernier to accurately measure the diameter of the centre of the wheels?

yes that's correct ...non of the wheels have had spigots fitted which seems odd as previous owner (forum member) didnt come across as the type to take short cuts so maybe he tried fitting them and had similar problems?

and yea iv got a vernier somewhere ...will dig it out and check but im quite certain the bore tightness is due to the alloys been re-powdercoated at some point

yes that's correct ...non of the wheels have had spigots fitted which seems odd as previous owner (forum member) didnt come across as the type to take short cuts so maybe he tried fitting them and had similar problems?

and yea iv got a vernier somewhere ...will dig it out and check but im quite certain the bore tightness is due to the alloys been re-powdercoated at some point

Forum member or not, he may not have known anything about spigots as it's not spoken about often, it's just assumed people know lol

Check both the inside of the rim and the outside of the hub on the car, just to see if they all match, can't hurt to investigate further, but you're probably right. Worth messaging the previous owner to ask about it?

cheers kyle im gona go get car out of garage and have alook soon ...got a mate coming down who knows cars alot better than me so letting him eyeball the impact area to see if he sees anything amiss ...will update later ...thanks

update::

rear off side wheel was loose.

3 of the 5 nuts had come loose due the tight spigots not allowing the wheel to sit flush on the hub .

could this of caused the car to twitch out ?.

i took the original 3 rotas off and sanded the inside of the bore and now all 4 wheels are sitting flush to the hubs ....the wheels went on alot easier and the nuts seemed to tighten as they should .

will test car sunday

Ive had rs3's since june, never had a problem with them, only slip if u want them to, and i also never have the traction control on either,my only gripe is the sidewalls are a tad soft, other than that they got loads of grip in the dry and wet, actually in standing water they are bloody awesome