Ridiculous price on HKS exhaust copies (aka Japspeed K4)

Aashenfox

Exactly that.Check through parts suppliers part numbers on ebay,they are all the same last digits.

Tig welded?yes but obviously the weld under the tig is probably cleaned up mig.

The welds are far too heavey for tig only.

As for the 304 grade????

As stated, we know it's not the same quality, nor would we expect it be for 1/4 the price of the premium parts. I also doubt the quoted steel grade is accurate, since it's an easy lie to make, only a metallurgist would know the difference.

I have it in hand now, welds look good enough, all hardware and gaskets included, there is some crap inside some of the sections, nothing a loofer won't brush out in short order. For sound and looks it's going to be a real bargain for me. It won't get driven in heavy rain and Greek roads don't see salt.

Packing was really bad though, they just threw all the sections in a box together, no packing material at all! When I went to pick it up from customs, one of the hangers was sticking out of the side of the box. I mentioned it in my feedback, but still gave them a positive as it arrived in Greece in less than 10 days, which is mighty impressive and wasn't damaged after all.

Will post up some fitted pics in a week or so.

Edited by Aashenfox

Hey Snjur, can you explain please? I know you have some experience with this pipe, right? I assembled it loosely on my garage floor, doesn't seem like anything is extra, I can take a pic tomorrow for you if you want and some close ups of the welds if anyone's interested.

No i got Y piece from Japspeed, center piece and rear catback's. So once I started assembling all from oem CAT'S to end I was left with this piece extra. It was 3 years ago so I forgot exactly but I reckon it was ment to be used on few models or cars maybe Infinity or something that's why that extra

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Snjur