spigot rings on Rotas

wilo

just got my car back from the garage and the mech said wheres your spigot ring for the new rota gtr alloy .

he said check the old damaged rota to see if it was on there but it isnt ...so have i got it missing or do rotas not need spigot rings?

i rang back to see if other side had one but he said he cant remember .

I can check other side myself as soon as its daylight again but thought one of you guys might know saving me jacking it up and taking wheel off :)

It depends on the centre bore size of the wheels, as long as the centre bore matches the size on the zed you dont need them. If it doesn't then you can still put the wheels on but the weight of the car will be sat on the studs not the hub and is potentially hazardous. A quick google shows sites saying 350z bore is 66.1 so check your wheels for the centre bore size to match that.

okay cheers GM im just speaking to him atm about some wheel nuts so will ;) .

also what are they for? sorry for noob questions but i really havnt a clue

Because the alloys are designed to be used on lots of different vehicles the centre bore at the reverse of the alloy is always large so that it will fit a variety of vehicle hubs, ....you just need to select the spigot ring to suit your vehicles hub diameter.

SPIGOT-RING-COVER-800.jpg

;)

• Like 1

okay cheers GM im just speaking to him atm about some wheel nuts so will ;) .

also what are they for? sorry for noob questions but i really havnt a clue

Because the alloys are designed to be used on lots of different vehicles the centre bore at the reverse of the alloy is always large so that it will fit a variety of vehicle hubs, ....you just need to select the spigot ring to suit your vehicles hub diameter.

SPIGOT-RING-COVER-800.jpg

;)

sorting it with mitz now ...cheers for heads up :)