What are these panels?

Firkindolloper

[]Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the two liver shaped panels on the underside of the car are? There is one each side of the exhaust, metal fixings and plastic plate. Mine are a bit rusty. Well, a lot rusty.

Thanks

Gordon

attachment=14649:Under Zed.jpg

post-14039-0-26930900-1478365415_thumb.jpg

Edited by Firkindolloper

I contacted Nissan Poole today and they say these are - wait for it - under body panels. They could not tell me what they did but they are over £250 for the pair if anyone out there needs them. I don't think I can be the only one in the Forum that has asked what they are though.

Edited by Firkindolloper

I contacted Nissan Poole today and they say these are - wait for it - under body panels. They could not tell me what they did but they are over £250 for the pair if anyonne out there needs them. I don't think I can be the only one in the Forum that has asked what they are though.

Yep ... underbody panels is what they are ;)

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Took the panel off at the weekend: nothing underneath except for the floor. Drilled out the rivets holding the plastic on and will sand blast the metal frame, rustproof it , stone guard it and rivet it back together. I guess it must have a use so I am going to put it back on. No doubt Mr Rust will be back ......